AngryOfTuebrook

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah but you also championed starting Lambert and Balotelli upfront together…

Nor did I want Salah. 

You grassing bastard 

Tielemans may be on our radar because his contract runs out soon, but he's not really suited to our midfield. He's got great technique, passing range and good end product but defensively he isn't good and he's not very mobile.

He's Toni Kroos without the football brain and positional discipline, which is what makes Kroos one of the best footballers of his generation.

There's talent there and some substance, but he's not complete enough, Imo. He's an interesting discussion, though.

• Like 1

I really wasn't onboard the Declan Rice train and would have been very happy to see United spend 100 million+ on him....however more I see of him I really think he could be great in our midfield (at the right price) - unfortunately he won't be at the right price range to make it work. 

• Upvote 1

I agree on Declan Rice but he'd be way over our price range. He reminds me of an old school ferguson signing, taking a top player from the same league at a fee no other club could even get close too.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Tielemans may be on our radar because his contract runs out soon, but he's not really suited to our midfield. He's got great technique, passing range and good end product but defensively he isn't good and he's not very mobile.

He's Toni Kroos without the football brain and positional discipline, which is what makes Kroos one of the best footballers of his generation.

There's talent there and some substance, but he's not complete enough, Imo. He's an interesting discussion, though.

I wouldn’t have thought that, as my impression is he’s a box to box player that covers a lot of ground. Any sort of stats or facts behind that statement, or is it your opinion/impression?

5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I wouldn’t have thought that, as my impression is he’s a box to box player that covers a lot of ground. Any sort of stats or facts behind that statement, or is it your opinion/impression?

He's pretty slow and not very attentive defensively. That's my impression. It's hard to get KM's run stats to back that up or any real data to prove that point, but I'm pretty sure that's a well known weakness of his.

3 hours ago, Boss said:

Pote from Sporting would be a good signing for the midfield. He's playing as a forward nowadays but he scored a crazy amount of goals last season from centre mid. He's a very intelligent player. He's not fast or particularly skilful. He's a bit like Thomas Muller in the sense that he just knows where he needs to be at any given time. 

We've been linked to him a fair bit.

Having just watched a 30 second clip we should buy him.

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's pretty slow and not very attentive defensively. That's my impression. It's hard to get KM's run stats to back that up or any real data to prove that point, but I'm pretty sure that's a well known weakness of his.

I honestly haven’t watched him closely enough to have a firm opinion on this. But my impression is that he does cover a lot of ground. And that he’s better on the ball and in attack than defensively, but still very much an all round midfielder. Possibly a bit slow yes, so may well be a weakness there. 

I only half agree with you, but as I said haven’t watched him closely enough. Will have a closer look when I find the time to watch Leicester next. Apart from when we play them that is, I normally dont manage to focus too much on the individual opponents in our games.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

A scan through his tweets also says Salah was close to agreeing a new contract back in August…

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

L'omlette Mexicane ala brekky tutti frutti?

You made up we didn’t sign your namesake? Never seen him play but did seem an odd move bringing in a number ten when 1) We don’t play with one 2) We already have Elliott and Jones whose best position is also AMC.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

You made up we didn’t sign your namesake? Never seen him play but did seem an odd move bringing in a number ten when 1) We don’t play with one 2) We already have Elliott and Jones whose best position is also AMC.

Saw him for 60 minutes against Blackpool last weekend and he was crap imo.

Not tall, weak on the ball, didn't appear especially quick, he just moaned and whinged like a petulant kid. No loss if we don't sign him.

I can understand the value of signing him on the cheap and developing the kid for a few years though. Shrewd business because he will definitely shoot up in price.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Not tall, weak on the ball, didn't appear especially quick, he just moaned and whinged like a petulant kid. No loss if we don't sign him.

I can understand the value of signing him on the cheap and developing the kid for a few years though. Shrewd business because he will definitely shoot up in price.

Just shows how deceiving a YouTube compilation could be. Made it look like he had a decent game.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Just shows how deceiving a YouTube compilation could be. Made it look like he had a decent game.

Dirk Kuyt is the only player I've seen look shit on a youtube compilation.

1 minute ago, J-V said:

...and he was class!

3 minutes ago, J-V said:

Tchouameni’s compilation videos aren’t the best, whilst fully acknowledging the challenge in compiling entertaining highlights for a functional defensive minded midfielder.

17 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Not tall? Obviously useless then.