You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

6 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Serious question, all these Twitter quims with LFC based accounts just tweeting unsubstantiated bollocks, what do they get out of it? Is it monetised in some way like on YouTube in which you get paid if you get so many views?

They get random African Twitter accounts telling them they’re top tier or elite level. African football Twitter is wild.

51 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Be interesting to see whether City got Sterling's best years. Don't think they really care either way, when they're fine selling to Chelsea.

Must say it’s a bit odd. Barca conquered the world with Pedro as a key part of their forward line and Sterling, twice the player Pedro has ever been, but Pep doesn’t rate him.

45 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Must say it’s a bit odd. Barca conquered the world with Pedro as a key part of their forward line and Sterling, twice the player Pedro has ever been, but Pep doesn’t rate him.

Man City's forward line will be Foden Haaland Mahrez with Grealish and the new South American kid on the bench?  Mahrez was unfortunately excellent last season, but he can be a bit up and down.  Hopefully it takes a while to integrate Haaland and they can stumble out of the blocks a bit.

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Man City's forward line will be Foden Haaland Mahrez with Grealish and the new South American kid on the bench?  Mahrez was unfortunately excellent last season, but he can be a bit up and down.  Hopefully it takes a while to integrate Haaland and they can stumble out of the blocks a bit.

I think there's much more chance of Nunez stumbling out of the blocks and Haaland have 10 goals in his first four matches. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

I think there's much more chance of Nunez stumbling out of the blocks and Haaland have 10 goals in his first four matches. 

Our forward line hasn't really changed as much though right?  If Nunez starts slowly we can play Diaz-Jota-Salah, Diaz-Firmino-Salah or Jota-Firmino-Salah and we know those will work.  Man City having got rid of Sterling and Jesus have less options.  They basically have to change the way they operate.

17 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Our forward line hasn't really changed as much though right?  If Nunez starts slowly we can play Diaz-Jota-Salah, Diaz-Firmino-Salah or Jota-Firmino-Salah and we know those will work.  Man City having got rid of Sterling and Jesus have less options.  They basically have to change the way they operate.

That’s a good point, though they have a goal machine who I think is going to make them virtually unbeatable. Seriously, I wouldn’t be shocked if they went unbeaten. The amount of chances they put on a plate but fuck up… they’ve got an amazing player to just destroy teams. 

9 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

That’s a good point, though they have a goal machine who I think is going to make them virtually unbeatable. Seriously, I wouldn’t be shocked if they went unbeaten. The amount of chances they put on a plate but fuck up… they’ve got an amazing player to just destroy teams. 

Goals last season: Nunez - 34 (6 CL), Haaland 29 (3 CL).

34 > 29

6 > 3

Nunez > Haaland

Maths.

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Listen, mate, if I wanted somebody to be correct and make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about, I would have fucking asked for it. 

Can't believe I forgot to include the "handsomeness" metric.  Would have really nailed the case.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Anyway, all moot, because Darwin is going to be miles better than the ugly Norwegian galoot. 

Clearly. You only have to see how handsome Nunez is and then compare him to this squishy faced, window licking goon to see who the better player is…

313304E3-C62E-4D6D-9C30-7EA3524B189D.jpeg

Looks like he was in Clayfighters. 

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Clearly. You only have to see how handsome Nunez is and then compare him to this squishy faced, window licking goon to see who the better player is…

313304E3-C62E-4D6D-9C30-7EA3524B189D.jpeg

Looks like he was in Clayfighters. 

Looks like he's Clayface

Sterling and Jesus are big losses for City imo. 

Haaland is obviously outstanding but Schevchenko was probably the best striker in the world when he went to Chelsea and that didn't work out. No guarantee - my gut feeling is that he will start slowly and end up being very good but if we get a good headstart in the league it would be huge. I guess he won't be going to the world cup so that will help him for the second part of the season. That Argentinian kid is meant to be incredible. Not sure if Kalvin Philips is anything more than a decent premier league midfielder.

The big thing would be if De Bruyne could be out for a few months. He is the best pound for pound player in the league and is the one who could make Haaland tick and get his confidence up early.