You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

19 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Can't see Dormund selling for a 60 + 20 +20 deal, surely other clubs could offer them more than that. 

Dortmund allegedly said they wanted £103m (€120m) last week, so we’d be more or less meeting that.

As much as I’d like it to be true, I bet none of it is. These blaggers know that very few people actually give a shit about their opinions on actual football and nobody would read their tweets / listen to their podcasts without them blowing any sort of tit bits they might hear into a full blown story.

Given the stories of we look to be done transfer wise for the rest of the summer (reiterated by Pearce this weekend), they need to make something up to fill the next 2 months up.

FWIW, if we want Bellingham, I think we should look to over pay for him now, rather than likely be priced out of the market next summer with extra competition for his signature. If he’s as good as the hype suggests, he could be a key player for us for >10 years.

If we’re that sure, make it happen rather than miss out.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Can't see Dormund selling for a 60 + 20 +20 deal, surely other clubs could offer them more than that. 

They have been a selling club for a number of years and knows well how it works, especially if the player wants to join only a specific club. They have good experience of their players going to Munich.

Some of the numbers quotes are ludicrous. Madrid won't pay anywhere near £100m. Some reports say his value will skyrocket after the world cup. I don't think he will start any game in the WC. Dortmund will struggle after losing Haaland. At the very best he will be going around 60-70m mark with add-ons.

2 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

They have been a selling club for a number of years and knows well how it works, especially if the player wants to join only a specific club. They have good experience of their players going to Munich.

Some of the numbers quotes are ludicrous. Madrid won't pay anywhere near £100m. Some reports say his value will skyrocket after the world cup. I don't think he will start any game in the WC. Dortmund will struggle after losing Haaland. At the very best he will be going around 60-70m mark with add-ons.

I have a similar feeling.

He got a bit of stick after the last England games, plenty of "what is all the fuss about stuff".

Also, will a really regimented formation which arguably stifles creativity and focuses on stopping the opposition ahead of expression prevent him from performing at his level?

Its not a foregone conclusion he comes out with his price enhanced.

If we are offering a price now based on a good world cup it could be quite attractive to Dortmund. Especially if he is keen.

Of course they can gamble and see if they get a better deal next summer. Maybe the agreement would be a Naby type deal.

The best of all Worlds for them would probably be to do loads of deals this summer to cover him leaving and then sign a Naby style deal at the end of the summer at a price based on a good world cup. They keep him for an extra season and can buy his replacements in without getting rinsed.

Next summer any player they move for will have their price artificially inflated as everyone knows they will sell Bellingham.

Waiting a year may not be as financially beneficial to them as it would initially appear. On top of everyone knowing they were getting big money for him, in truth, they are unlikely to get the auction they want. If, for example, he chose Madrid, once Madrid knew that they would just offer a price they consider reasonable and what City or us or PSG wouldn't matter. They will just try and rinse Dortmund knowing his head has been turned.

5 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Although it doesn't work that way, they will want to recoup some of the loss from Haaland sale - if there was no such clause he would have gone for closer to 100m.

I think a lot of it will come down to Bellingham himself.

If he is a complete dick and really pushes for a move to club x then Dortmund may end up accepting a deal that is not fantastic or keep an unhappy player.

If he is a decent lad and wants to see right done by Dortmund and doesn't have a real strong preference then maybe Dortmund can drive a really high price.

4 minutes ago, HBenn said:

I think a lot of it will come down to Bellingham himself.

If he is a complete dick and really pushes for a move to club x then Dortmund may end up accepting a deal that is not fantastic or keep an unhappy player.

If he is a decent lad and wants to see right done by Dortmund and doesn't have a real strong preference then maybe Dortmund can drive a really high price.

That is pretty much what I said in a post above. Dortmund have some experience too as they have lost a few to Bayern.

It's a weird one, the only time I've seen the kids play was with England, and he does nothing that suggests that huge price tag. But he is English, so that always add another 25 million onto the price doesn't it. 

He looked tidy alright, broke up okay, but 100 million, that's a colossal figure.

And even though I trust the manager completely, our midfield signings haven't fully come good have they.