You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we are prepared to spend £100 million on Bellingham, he must be at VVD levels in terms of what we think he can offer. 

Yeah, you'd have thought they see him as fab and Hendo rolled into one player or something. But he has just only turned 19 and has something like 15-20 England caps. While England aren't great or anything, that's some achievement and illustrates he has something about him. 

As for Jacob Ramsey, he looked really good when I saw him last season, but I think the villa games I saw maybe tied in with a little hot streak he had. I've no issue with the idea of signing someone and letting Jones play somewhere else for a year to get games under his belt and replace milner and Chamberlain next season. But if we do something like that it needs to be for a player who's ahead of Jones now and ready to be ahead of keita - basically do what Jota and Diaz have worth the front line. I don't see any benefit in taking another project player in there. 

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Now Salah is tied to the club for an additional 2 years it would make sense to start focusing on a back up/eventual replacement to him in the next few windows and/or giving chances to in house replacements.

Kaide Gordon

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I heard Jordan Ibe still has a buy back clause..you heard it here 1st. 

He made his debut at 16. He’s not even 18 yet.

Given the bar to the first team is significantly higher these days, it’s somewhat churlish to take a pop at him already. 

If the hope we obviously have in Gordon comes off, it’s a shewed move.

38 minutes ago, etho said:

Kaide Gordon

Given his age I think Gordon might be the second in line rather than the next man up, could do with a player in his early twenties who offers more straight away and will be coming into his peak when Salah's next deal ends.

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He made his debut at 16. He’s not even 18 yet.

Given the bar to the first team is significantly higher these days, it’s somewhat churlish to take a pop at him already. 

If the hope we obviously have in Gordon comes off, it’s a shewed move.

Get a sense of humour. I wasn't taking a pop at him at all. 

I don't think he'll make it, because most 16 year olds don't, it's nothing to do with his talent (of which I have no opinion on yet), it just takes a lot of luck at the right time to make it. The likes of Ben Woodburn, Jack Robinson, Jerome Sinclair and while he was a little older because injury delayed him, Rhian Brewster in just recent times are an illustration of it. Even Harvey Elliot who looks more promising than any of them still hasn't done anything yet and could find injury gives him the same hit Brewster got. 

10 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Given his age I think Gordon might be the second in line rather than the next man up, could do with a player in his early twenties who offers more straight away and will be coming into his peak when Salah's next deal ends.

Vast majority of these shit hot kids will never get to Salah/ Mane levels . Not even worth thinking about Gordon getting to that standard . If it happened it would be massive bonus but it probably won't 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Vast majority of these shit hot kids will never get to Salah/ Mane levels . Not even worth thinking about Gordon getting to that standard . If it happened it would be massive bonus but it probably won't 

That's why I don't see him as the next man up and why I think we need someone else. If Gordon get's the the second man up then it's a bonus.

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

That's why I don't see him as the next man up and why I think we need someone else. If Gordon get's the the second man up then it's a bonus.

Lets just hope he gets some game time this season and impresses . 

4 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

15 and 30 goals in the last 2 seasons and one of the key reasons for Bournemouth getting promotion this year which is worth 100m+

Bought for the Prem when they were in the Prem relegated with him scoring 3 goals in 32 games.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, J-V said:

£23.5million we got for him, bonkers.

Klopp is fucking amazing at giving these lads just enough exposure to make people believe they've got some talent. Brewster was mental as he virtually didn't get a kick. Ibe and solanke he seemed to do the other way and played them so much you couldn't help but not believe what your eyes were telling you and assumed they were as great as he kept telling us. 

1 hour ago, J-V said:

or they could have spent the money more wisely in the first place and not been relegated.

Hence why I stated “In the end”. Bournemouth should have spent that money better at the time but as we’ve seen, it’s not exactly what they do. £25m for Jefferson Lerma stands out as a far worse buy. Even if Solanke proves to be a top end Championship player who can’t cut it in the prem  I should imagine he’ll have a decent career of it.

1 hour ago, SlugTrail said:

Don't get me wrong he looked OK but so would jones in the villa side

A regular run is what Jones needs most at that point in his career, a season-long loan at Villa would be a great move for him I reckon. I’d even consider selling him with a buy back option set at say £25m, to further incentivise Villa to play him every week.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, J-V said:

Bought for the Prem when they were in the Prem relegated with him scoring 3 goals in 32 games.

Agreed, cannot argue with that. My point was that he redeemed himself to bring them back to the PL. Will be interesting to see how he does this season, that will be the real test.