You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Lots of links to Marco Asensio.

Before he did his Achilles a couple of years ago, he was a sensational player, now though I'm not so sure.

As another body and as a cheap back up for Salah then it's an interesting possibility.

His first few games were Roy of the Rovers stuff, belting them in like Jeremy Goss. 

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Lots of links to Marco Asensio.

Before he did his Achilles a couple of years ago, he was a sensational player, now though I'm not so sure.

As another body and as a cheap back up for Salah then it's an interesting possibility.

Was he ever a “sensational” player? His numbers look pretty ordinary. Last season was his most productive league campaign.

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm sure if City played De Bruyne at RB he'd be lauded as the best RB in the world. 

We talk about transfers and best midfielders we could get this summer but Trent moving to CM would solve that.  

Robertson is an equally good full back as Trent but I don't bang on about him moving to CM. 

Gerrard played a load of games at RB in his early days. 

Gerrard plsyed rb a ckuple of times at best. One of them was wing back in Istanbul extra time. 30 minutes.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

It's reported he does t want to join us and wants Milan as he doesn't think he will get enough game time. 

Sounds like a shithouse with no self belief. No thanks 

Inter or Ac? 

If he goes to inter, that could soften the blow if we take barella from them 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The Asensio link seems to me one of those ones we always get, some player Madrid don't want, so they chuck our name in to try and get some other teams to come out of the woodwork. I can't recall a summer where we haven't been linked to some ordinary player at Madrid. 

Every window.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I see Dortmund are bidding €33m for Sébastien Haller from Ajax. 

If that is the height of their ambition, Bellingham should cut his losses now, stick in a transfer request and push to sign for us this window.

There's a bit of Premier League bias about that, he was good at Frankfurt and Ajax, it was only his stint at West Ham where he 'failed'.

He'll bring some of the same attributes and physicality they're losing from Haaland and players like Adeyemi might benefit playing off him.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Klopp has told LFC staff that he’s a big admirer of being falsely linked to Asensio in every window. 

The Reds have already informed the player’s representatives of their interest in being falsely linked with any old shite

24 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

There's a bit of Premier League bias about that, he was good at Frankfurt and Ajax, it was only his stint at West Ham where he 'failed'.

He'll bring some of the same attributes and physicality they're losing from Haaland and players like Adeyemi might benefit playing off him.

There is a lot of Premiership bias in my post! 

Surely Dortmund can do better. All they ever do is tread water. 

On 19/06/2022 at 21:31, Barrington Womble said:

Am I missing something with Bellingham? He seems one of the most sort after midfielders in Europe. Certainly young midfielders. Won't he be wanting wages that smash our salary structure? 

You could well be right actually.

See David Lynch (not sure how reputable he is) saying his wages may mean he is out of reach next summer if that is when he moves.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Has been a question for a while hasn't it, if Dortmund have all these amazing young players who will slot in perfectly at bigger clubs ... Why are they so shit?

Because they are talented but inconsistent as fuck, and their defence has been a bit Keystone Cops since the set-up of Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels and Schmelzer was split up.

1 hour ago, HBenn said:

You could well be right actually.

See David Lynch (not sure how reputable he is) saying his wages may mean he is out of reach next summer if that is when he moves.

Which then makes it a very un-liverpool signing. Even our big signings like Ali and VVD came in down the pay structure a little, although VVD was doing great for a CB. I just think if a young pkayer makes it at Dortmund and gets a year or two at a good level under his belt, he's probably already beyond us wage wise as those players are looking for shitloads (like dembele, Sancho, haaland). 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Which then makes it a very un-liverpool signing. Even our big signings like Ali and VVD came in down the pay structure a little, although VVD was doing great for a CB. I just think if a young pkayer makes it at Dortmund and gets a year or two at a good level under his belt, he's probably already beyond us wage wise as those players are looking for shitloads (like dembele, Sancho, haaland). 

Yeah. Would tend to agree with that.