You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Think Aberdeen are trying to have our pants down here…

E4031681-AE2D-4B98-81D0-9371AD90EC6A.png

Aberdeen watching us bring Benfica down to the local, flash wads and buy them whatever top shelf spirits they want in pursuit of Nunez, while in relative terms we offer them a stolen pint of flat Carling with a cigarette butt floating on top for their young talent. 

20 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Aberdeen watching us bring Benfica down to the local, flash wads and buy them whatever top shelf spirits they want in pursuit of Nunez, while in relative terms we offer them a stolen pint of flat Carling with a cigarette butt floating on top for their young talent. 

Considering that's more than we paid for Robertson, I think they are taking the piss asking for that amount for somebody who has only ever played 33 times for a mid-table Scottish club and with zero international caps.

I suppose it depends on what all the add-ons are.

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Yes I thought it was reported we want to bring him back as a long term replacement for Matip, which seems fanciful but which I’d be happy with.

No , no and no again - good heart etc but nowhere fucking near good enough.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Aberdeen can fuck right off.

The Ramsey kid is potentially our back up right back. We already have Milner, Gomez and Neco Williams.

Aberdeen can fuck right off.

He's very good mate. Watch him, he is actually a top talent and if i was us i'd pay it. He's brilliant with both feet, can shoot/dribble, quick, really strong for a 19 year old and he can defend. He will be proper back up and give Trent real competition in the next few years.

He's much better than Gomez at right back, miles ahead of Neco and Milner is too slow to play there.

He's going to be a fantastic player for whoever gets him. This is one transfer i really want to happen this summer, we badly need a right back and £10 million is probably worth it for him. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Matheus Nunes from Sporting the latest midfield name doing the ITK rounds.

We all dream of a team of Nunez’s/Nunes’…

Just watching the proverbial YouTube vid of him.

Thoughts?

He's quick, good tackler, likes to stay on his feet and break up play, keeps it simple, reads the game well. All positive and he would fit in well as a 6, possibly in a double pivot.

Negatives? I don't think I saw him use his left foot once. Incredibly one footed.

I wouldn't expect many screamers from outside the box either.

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

He's very good mate. Watch him, he is actually a top talent and if i was us i'd pay it. He's brilliant with both feet, can shoot/dribble, quick, really strong for a 19 year old and he can defend. He will be proper back up and give Trent real competition in the next few years.

He's much better than Gomez at right back, miles ahead of Neco and Milner is too slow to play there.

He's only tested himself at the equivalent of league one level football though. 

Neco Williams would probably look like a world beater in that league.

In the Sporting paper on Friday they announced that Nunes won’t be sold this summer. They are selling his midfield partner Paulinho, probably to Wolves. So I think backstreet Barry doesn’t know his pastel de nata from his custard tart. Sporting have already qualified for the champions league, so we will have to seriously over pay to get him. He’s absolutely mustard though.

• Upvote 2