You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

3 hours ago, JustTosh said:

It's the way thngs work isn't it:

Player becomes a big star at Anfield

Ego inflates

Could be all time Anfield legend

Decides he's worth more than that

Leaves

Flops

Regrets

Rinse and repeat.

Sadio and Mo next in line ...

If not world class he’s at the very top of the group just below world class. He backs himself to earn more money and stay at the level he’s currently playing, you can’t blame him but yeah, we’ve all seen it before.

12 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Going to Bayern is about as challenging as playing Fifa on easy mode and beating teams 10-0 all season.

There is absolutely zero challenge there. 

Agreed, but Mane would get to phone it in most of the year and stay fresh for internationals and Champions League knockout rounds, while doubling his money.

No idea how he'd cope with goal music over the stadium PA and the fans doing songs to the tune of The Entertainer though. Both of those would be deal breakers for me.

58 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Going to Bayern is about as challenging as playing Fifa on easy mode and beating teams 10-0 all season.

Good place to pad your trophy stats in the tale end of your career though.

Imagine how exhausting it must be in the PL where 3 defeats or 5 draws means the title is over.

Oktoberfest might be an issue though.

4 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

It's a great club though, a great city and just a different experience and league to finish his career in.

I don't think what's happening with Mane and Salah is the same as what happened with Torres, Suarez and Owen who all went in their prime. 

Salah and Mane are pushing 30, we've unquestionably had their best years and they've won us everything, we've benefited and they have too. 

I've no problem with both wanting one big adventure before they retire, I'd do the same given the chance. I just don't want the acrimony, both the fans and those two players especially deserve better.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Like Diaz, I've only really seen him against us.  but it's a statistical evidence that his touch, passing and link up play aren't very good. Nonetheless, he's clearly great at other stuff. 

My overall opinion on him isn't very certain, though. I've not pretended I'm super for or against him coming here. 

My friend commentates regularly on Portuguese league. Raved about Diaz before we signed him. Is similarly positive about Nunez. And not a Liverpool fan... 

23 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

My friend commentates regularly on Portuguese league. Raved about Diaz before we signed him. Is similarly positive about Nunez. And not a Liverpool fan... 

I mean, if we're ready to break our transfer record, we think he's pretty special. And the club deserve people's trust.

But I wonder if this is a van Dijk case where he's a quote unquote "generational" player we have to have, or if the fee we're paying is a result of transfer market inflation, but we've decided we're fine with that.

The articles say we have other targets if the fee gets too high, so we may like him a bit less than van Dijk.

55 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It is a bit of a weird situation. Our fans seem more wedded to previous strategies than Klopp and his guys.

Part of that will be we've used it for so long and it's so well drilled, and with such fine margins in this league any early teething problems could end a title challenge before it starts. Has to be done at some point though.

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You might have misunderstood. I don't think he doesn't fit our style. He has the same movement our forwards do, playing wide, moving to the middle, playing different positions. The part that is a question mark is technical ability. 

You said this... 

He doesn't not fit our style of play.. 

9 hours ago, SasaS said:

Prices are really inflated now. Last time we signed the next big thing from Benfica we only had to pay 20 million.

Thank for that you cunt.

It appears that until you brought it up I'd actually managed to forget that he existed. Now I'm having Nam style flash backs of him and Moreno being absolutely shite down our left. 

31 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Thank for that you cunt.

It appears that until you brought it up I'd actually managed to forget that he existed. Now I'm having Nam style flash backs of him and Moreno being absolutely shite down our left. 

Even after he brought it up I had forgotten he existed. I assumed it was some reference to Simao.

29 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Anyone know anything about Ibrahim Sangare, who we are supposed to be interested in?

I can't claim to be an expert but from what I remember

Ibrahim Sangaré (born 2 December 1997) is an Ivorian professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for Eredivisie club PSV Eindhoven and the Ivory Coast national team.

Who 

After starting his youth career with Ivorian clubs Tout Puissant Koumassi and AS Denguélé, Sangaré debuted for Toulouse in a 0–0 tie with Angers on 22 October 2016.[3] 

and 

On 28 September 2020, Sangaré joined PSV Eindhoven on a five-year deal.[4]

• Upvote 4