You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Ramsey, Carvalho, Nunez, Sangare in.

Minamino, Williams, Phillips, Ox out

See how the the Gnabry/Munich tussle plays out and throw in a cheeky Thiago-esque bid in July/August. 

Salah leaves next summer and bring in Nkunku.

Rebuild done, easy....

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

That's not paying £30 million. That's paying £65m +. While losing a guaranteed 20+ goals man for £35m.

Disagree

Mane wants to leave and isn't going to sign a new contract. He would then leave for free next summer. At that point, buying Nunez would be £65+ million. We might aswell get something for Mane now, and bring in another striker to offset his loss and cover the costs of the new striker. Waiting for Mane and Salah to go for free next year would be crazy business. 

Nunez will score goals and only costs us £30 million in real terms, we kind of have to do this transfer this summer because Mane has forced our hand a little bit. Getting no money for Mane and Salah and then trying to buy two new attackers next summer would be really stupid on the clubs part. 

18 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Disagree

Mane wants to leave and isn't going to sign a new contract. He would then leave for free next summer. At that point, buying Nunez would be £65+ million. We might aswell get something for Mane now, and bring in another striker to offset his loss and cover the costs of the new striker. Waiting for Mane and Salah to go for free next year would be crazy business. 

Nunez will score goals and only costs us £30 million in real terms, we kind of have to do this transfer this summer because Mane has forced our hand a little bit. Getting no money for Mane and Salah and then trying to buy two new attackers next summer would be really stupid on the clubs part. 

It's a bizarre point of disagreement. 

It might be the right thing to do. But it's not signing Nunez for £30m. Even if that's the net difference between the respective transactions.

I think Diaz and Nunez link up should it happen could be levels, it’s no surprise since he’s come in Mane bagged goals centrally, have to give him credit he’s been excellent since AFCON but Diaz is taking two/three players out with his runs there’s so much space to punish teams.

I will be sad to see him go but we’ve had his best years, he’s peaked here and I think quite a few forget how poor he was for large parts in the last 18 months, lots of fans wanted him pushed out when we signed Diaz.

It’s time to create a new devastating front three and with Klopp at the helm and how good our recruitment has been in recent years it’ll happen.

I recon Mane will be like when Gini left, he’ll drop at Bayern.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's the way thngs work isn't it:

Player becomes a big star at Anfield

Ego inflates

Could be all time Anfield legend

Decides he's worth more than that

Leaves

Flops

Regrets

Rinse and repeat.

Sadio and Mo next in line ...

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Mook said:

He (Nunez) looked really quick, hard working & lethal when I saw him. In what way does he not fit our style of play?

It seems to me people are just saying that because he's bigger than the other players who have played Klopp's the front three.

He doesn't not fit our style of play. He's played multiple forward positions at Benfica, which is the type of forward we buy.

Where it's a bit unlike us is that his touch and passing aren't good. It seems weird that a team with as much possession as we have would be so interested in a player with those kinds of weaknesses.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

It'd be a nice life to go and play footy in Monaco, while being paid a king's ransom. 

Most players would be classed as working class over there 

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He doesn't not fit our style of play. He's played multiple forward positions at Benfica, which is the type of forward we buy.

Where it's a bit unlike us is that his touch and passing aren't good. It seems weird that a team with as much possession as we have would be so interested in a player with those kinds of weaknesses.

How many times have you watched him? Have you seen him play live, in the flesh? 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Most players would be classed as working class over there 

How many times have you watched him? Have you seen him play live, in the flesh? 

Like Diaz, I've only really seen him against us.  but it's a statistical evidence that his touch, passing and link up play aren't very good. Nonetheless, he's clearly great at other stuff. 

My overall opinion on him isn't very certain, though. I've not pretended I'm super for or against him coming here. 

32 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I agree that he doesn't fit our style of play. But if Origi goes, i'm more inclined to think the club reckons we need another striker with abit of presence and stature. Signing another small forward, with Salah, Jota, Firmino, Minamino and Diaz all on the books....makes no sense.

Teams just sit deep against us, and we constantly throw forwards on who try and dribble and shoot into traffic and bodies. Perhaps we've looked at this and think we need something different to help create space for others around the penalty box. 

2 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I agree that he doesn't fit our style of play. But if Origi goes, i'm more inclined to think the club reckons we need another striker with abit of presence and stature. Signing another small forward, with Salah, Jota, Firmino, Minamino and Diaz all on the books....makes no sense.

Teams just sit deep against us, and we constantly throw forwards on who try and dribble and shoot into traffic and bodies. Perhaps we've looked at this and think we need something different to help create space for others around the penalty box. 

You might have misunderstood. I don't think he doesn't fit our style. He has the same movement our forwards do, playing wide, moving to the middle, playing different positions. The part that is a question mark is technical ability. 

I think we place too much emphasis on style of play. The raw material for being able to play here is being able to work hard when asked to press and be comfortable enough on the ball to pass it under pressure, the rest of it can all be taught, as Fabinho found out when he disappeared early doors for three months of political re-education.

Besides which, maybe our style will just have to adapt. I love this team and this bunch of lads, but you have to keep evolving and pushing on otherwise people suss you out. I trust Klopp's judgment on players massively, it'll be an exciting summer. Can't wait for the Carlsberg cup or whatever in pre season. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Post it. 

His passing percentage is really low and the weakness Benfica fans will tell you is his touch and link up play. 

Benfica is a smash and grab team, especially in Europe - his job is to see the ball @ 30 times a game and turn those into golas.

Here is the "touch" stuff - it is pretty easy to see them side by side as they are the two top rated players in the league - Bad Touch plus Dispossessed 

image.thumb.png.9dc03ff8511463802b96a4828c21e2c3.png

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Benfica is a smash and grab team, especially in Europe - his job is to see the ball @ 30 times a game and turn those into golas.

Here is the "touch" stuff - it is pretty easy to see them side by side as they are the two top rated players in the league - Bad Touch plus Dispossessed 

image.thumb.png.9dc03ff8511463802b96a4828c21e2c3.png

Fair enough, but I think anybody would tell you that Diaz is much better technically. And Diaz would touch the ball a lot more than Nunez so more losses make sense.