You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

16 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

What's this rumour of kelleher going to Nottingham forest? 

Hopefully it's just a loan move. But I do know for a fact that the Irish set up have told both kelleher and bazuno to think about their club future. 

Probably get £15-20m for Keheller now. I’d be open to sell. 

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Probably get £15-20m for Keheller now. I’d be open to sell. 

If you can get £15-£20m for him then bite there hands off, chuck in a decent sell on fee and a buy back clause to cover ourselves. 

If you can convince him to stay by promising him all the domestic cup games then all the better but I doubt that'd be enough.

It seems pointless sending him out on loan though.

7 minutes ago, etho said:

He's brilliant, why would we sell him?

If he asks to leave then there doesn't seem much point in giving him an endless loop of loan moves because he's not unseating Alisson any time soon.

Dean Henderson hasn't benefitted from that approach and neither has Man Utd.

The question then becomes does his value increase or decrease by giving him one loan move and trying to sell next summer or has his value capped out as a cup winning keeper.

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If he asks to leave then there doesn't seem much point in giving him an endless loop of loan moves because he's not unseating Alisson any time soon.

Agreed.

Its up to him. If he wants to play more, he needs to leave. His stock likely won’t get much higher than it currently is. 

Endless loans could end up like Scott Carson and we don’t get the fee we were anticipating.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

What's this rumour of kelleher going to Nottingham forest? 

Hopefully it's just a loan move. But I do know for a fact that the Irish set up have told both kelleher and bazuno to think about their club future. 

He is too good to be our number 2 from what i have seen. I guess in a World Cup year he wants to play. His value should rocket with a year in the prem, especially as he will be busy playing for them. I see that Ben Foster has said he will be happy being a number 2 now. He would make a decent back up for a year or two and would keep the home grown quota up aswell

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

He is too good to be our number 2 from what i have seen. I guess in a World Cup year he wants to play. His value should rocket with a year in the prem, especially as he will be busy playing for them. I see that Ben Foster has said he will be happy being a number 2 now. He would make a decent back up for a year or two and would keep the home grown quota up aswell

In a World Cup year? He's Irish! We haven't had a World Cup year for twenty years! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

World Cup year.......good one

That's funny. And before anyone has a moan, I'm Irish, so I can slag my own country..... 

Ill be proper pissed if we sell him now, as much as I love alisson, and I do, he's my man crush. (not gay) you would imagine he won't be here for too much longer, so surely a capable apprentice is the way to go

Going to be interesting what the mid/long term plan is from here. 

The back 6 looks pretty set for a while. Midfield is aging a bit but the club seem to view Elliot,Jones,Carvalho as midfielders so wonder if it's another slight shift in formation. 

Maybe a 433 with two really attacking players, or a 4231 with the midfielders playing in that advanced 3 with 2 players behind them and the fullbacks still giving the width. 

Kelleher has a difficult decision. Alisson tends to pick up a few minor injuries, but it still can't be easy deputising for the best in the game. 

I'm sure he'll be guaranteed the domestic cup games again, but he probably wants to play more at this stage in his career. Still, being thrown into a relegation battle with Forest or similar might not be the most attractive option either.  

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Kelleher has a difficult decision. Alisson tends to pick up a few minor injuries, but it still can't be easy deputising for the best in the game. 

I'm sure he'll be guaranteed the domestic cup games again, but he probably wants to play more at this stage in his career. Still, being thrown into a relegation battle with Forest or similar might not be the most attractive option either.  

Yes. I'm not sure what the best option is. If he goes on loan he needs a team where he'll be able to work on his concentration more than his shot stopping. One shouldn't conflate 'experience' per se with preparation to play for LFC. For the latter you need quite specific experience. It's no good when we send keepers to strugglng teams where they'll be flying around dealing with masses of shots per game - that doesn't prepare you for LFC. And the better teams, typically, have their own top keeper anyway. At least here he gets the right coaching for our needs.