You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

4 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I have no issue with us giving him a new contract, I have an issue with us briefing every journalist that giving him one is the reason we are not buying a new midfielder. He’s not a fucking midfielder for one, and even if he plays as a RCM, there is nothing to suggest that he is ready to win us a title. 

I haven't seen that briefing. But clearly the idea we're not buying because of a contract cost of a 19 year old with 9 games behind him is nonsense. 

On 09/08/2022 at 14:48, HBenn said:

It's all relative and depends who they are after.

City will most likely still win their matches with or without him.

We continually say how difficult it is to improve our team due to the very small pot of players out there that can do that. Following that logic, if we are both after midfielders then it's likely we will both be going after the same players.

I think our need is greater than theirs - especially with our continual injury worries. Without him they will still win their matches, cannot say I feel quite as confident about us. So if they end up getting a player we really wanted I think it hurts us more than them losing Silva.

That was the concern. Hopefully we are after different players though within that pool. Then I would tend to agree that them losing him is a good thing.

In the past 4 years Man City have won 1 more point than we have. This Myth that City are ahead of us is just that, a myth. We are virtually level on points gained, performance etc. in the league for 4 years. If they lose one of their best players it is a bonus for us. Especially if they replace him with someone who is currently not as good/proven

22 minutes ago, Razoray said:

In the past 4 years Man City have won 1 more point than we have. This Myth that City are ahead of us is just that, a myth. We are virtually level on points gained, performance etc. in the league for 4 years. If they lose one of their best players it is a bonus for us. Especially if they replace him with someone who is currently not as good/proven

I think the history books would dispute its a myth with them winning 4 out of the last 5 league titles. That season we won we were magnificent and won by 18 points.

Our ability to build on that probably was really hampered by the pandemic, but have we built on that? We went into the following season having done the bare minimum in signings (again probably driven by the pandemic) and with a thin squad at centre back. 

Last summer we added one player (again probably cause of the pandemic) and the issues that gave us a mountain to climb in the league come Jan are the ones that would threaten to undermine this season - inability to play the same midfield most weeks.

At this stage, I don't see those issues have been fully addressed. Arguably had we done it the previous summer, maybe we would be sat with 2 or 3 league titles now. Then I would agree with the statement that City being better than us is a myth. 

Saying City being better than us is a myth to any non LFC fan would just get laughed at unfortunately. We have to admit they have been ahead of us.

Sounds very much like Bellingham is not an option this summer and probably the prices for the likes of Barella are massive.

Sounding unlikely but maybe if the price drops on one of these other targets something may happen. Won't hold my breath but you never know 

His trackie top is great, that's what I take from that interview.

Whichever player is not possible, it's not possible end of, and there's no indication that if he is talking about a specific player that it will ever be possible.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

3 points I take from that presser.

The "impossible" transfer is clearly Bellingham, and he'll arrive next year.

He doesn't half have to answer some shite questions.

He hates Naby Keita.

He looks deeply fed up with that shite there.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

His trackie top is great, that's what I take from that interview.

Whichever player is not possible, it's not possible end of, and there's no indication that if he is talking about a specific player that it will ever be possible.

it’ll be the player that we get out of our shite budget next season.  Definitely the reason we’ve neglected the clear midfield need two years on the trott, nothing to do with money, no siree.

After it costing us so dearly last season, you’d think idiots wouldn’t be repeating the same excuse they used last summer.

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

It's written all over his face.  He's a prisoner in a loveless marriage.  He's only staying for the kids.

The parade was his wife letting him have sex for the first time in 9 months. And then ever since, she only looks at him with disgust and they argue all the time.