You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

14 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

What about this De jong fella who does not want to join the mancs who does, and now Chelsea are after him is he any good would suit us basically I don’t have a clue about all the ones we are linked to sort it out FSG ffs

We'd have to pay him more than Salah, so is a complete non starter.

2 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

What about this De jong fella who does not want to join the mancs who does, and now Chelsea are after him is he any good would suit us basically I don’t have a clue about all the ones we are linked to sort it out FSG ffs

He earns over 400k a week

2 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Whole game passed him by (apart from that) probably missing Palhinha next to him and maybe affected by the rumours. I said we should sign him after watching him make his debut for Sporting. Been banging the drum for the last two years.

Lads gets us

Play poor, look uninterested and bring the price down

19 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

It's pointless us signing a midfielder who drives forward with the ball like that, the way we set up means our midfielders are never allowed to do it.

I don't think its that as such. I just don't think we currently have a midfielder who is capable of doing it particularly well.

9 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

It's pointless us signing a midfielder who drives forward with the ball like that, the way we set up means our midfielders are never allowed to do it.

That’s what Ox and Keita were bought to do, surely? Sadly…..

10 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Well that might be part of the plan, evolving the way we are set up to play.

I say that with zero confidence we will be signing him or any other midfielder in this window.

13 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

No, our midfielders just can't do that.

A big problem we had at the weekend was that none of our midfielders can do anything when put under pressure, especially when receiving the ball with their back to the opposition.  Nunes is utterly fucking remarkable at escaping with the ball, and thereby taking 2 or 3 men out of the game. 

KDB does it, that's what makes KDB so good.  

We need to throw money at Nunes.  

I love Bellingham but they're different players.  

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I am sure our value was rated as more than half the group. Iirc we were 4bn (USD) of the 7.5bn deal valuation. 

They just paid near a billion for the Penguins and the Red Sox are valued at 4 bil.

That is before adding in the NASCAR team and the TV network.

PR spin is in full effect, we are apparently now planning to give Harvey Elliot a new contract. 

Despite him currently having one that ends in 2026.

Why the fuck are we trying to give him a new contract four years before his current one finishes? Especially after the fact he’s had a near career ending injury? He’s frankly done nothing to earn it, he’s barely played 10 minutes for fucks sake. 

32 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They just paid near a billion for the Penguins and the Red Sox are valued at 4 bil.

That is before adding in the NASCAR team and the TV network.

I'm not arguing about it. There was loads pushed through the local journos last year discussing it. The penguins weren't even part of the group then, in fact that deal probably only happened because of the redbird investment.