You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

5 minutes ago, HBenn said:

All this stuff with Silva is a bit concerning. Don't see them selling him unless they have someone class lined up. Hopefully it's not Bellingham (I doubt it is) but something weird is going on there imo.

He's one of the best midfielders in the world, how is City potentially selling him concerning? Bellingham would be a big downgrade. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's one of the best midfielders in the world, how is City potentially selling him concerning? Bellingham would be a big downgrade. 

It would set fire to our 'master plan' though. Would be quite fun to watch the PR merchants squirm trying to positively spin it though I guess

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, he’s a little shit but he’s an excellent footballer. He’d be a big loss for them. 

On Bellingham, I’d wonder about the Bundesliga these days and how good a barometer of anything it is. For every Haaland or Konate there’s a Werner, Sancho or Keita. 

34 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Well lets hope Kevin de Bruyne gets unhappy and fucks off soon.

He never looks happy to me and he might be even more pissed off if goomba becomes the main star. De Bruyne for me is the best player on the planet, that club is all wrong for him. No chance he fucks off though. 

36 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Because if they replace him with a player we are looking to buy then that is the concern.

City will still most likely win their matches comfortably without him, cannot say the same about us, especially if Thiago is out for a good while.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He never looks happy to me and he might be even more pissed off if goomba becomes the main star. De Bruyne for me is the best player on the planet, that club is all wrong for him. No chance he fucks off though. 

Always get the feeling that a lot of City's players aren't 'happy' there but the money is too good and they are always going to win things as cheat mode has been engaged permanently. 

8 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Because if they replace him with a player we are looking to buy then that is the concern.

City will still most likely win their matches comfortably without him, cannot say the same about us, especially if Thiago is out for a good while.

City getting potentially weaker is not a bad thing. I don't know why someone would argue the opposite. It would be swapping a better player for a currently worse player. 

Unless we plan to buy him this summer, it's hard to care about our potential fixation on Bellingham because it has nothing to do with the present. And if City can get him, believe it or not, there are other midfielders out there. You wouldn't think it, but there are. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Then we should stop dicking around and buy the player we are looking to buy. Don't want to spend money to buy that player in the current window? Then don't get surprised if someone else spends that money. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah agreed, they won't let him go that easily, shame really. If he starts to mention the possibility of leaving they will double, treble his wages to whatever and shut him up. 

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

City getting potentially weaker is not a bad thing. I don't know why someone would argue the opposite. It would be swapping a better player for a currently worse player. 

Unless we plan to buy him this summer, it's hard to care about our potential fixation on Bellingham because it has nothing to do with the present. And if City can get him, believe it or not, there are other midfielders out there. You wouldn't think it, but there are. 

It's all relative and depends who they are after.

City will most likely still win their matches with or without him.

We continually say how difficult it is to improve our team due to the very small pot of players out there that can do that. Following that logic, if we are both after midfielders then it's likely we will both be going after the same players.

I think our need is greater than theirs - especially with our continual injury worries. Without him they will still win their matches, cannot say I feel quite as confident about us. So if they end up getting a player we really wanted I think it hurts us more than them losing Silva.

That was the concern. Hopefully we are after different players though within that pool. Then I would tend to agree that them losing him is a good thing.

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

It would set fire to our 'master plan' though. Would be quite fun to watch the PR merchants squirm trying to positively spin it though I guess

Yeah, but it's not a real master plan. It's no different to mbappe 2020 nonsense. Keep our powder dry *taps nose*

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Honestly, it makes no sense for them to sell Silva unless they have a massive signing lined up. Murmerings of Neymar, I fucking hope that is true.

If it's Bellingham then more fool them, don't know he has nothing on a 36 year old Milner?

Didn't they ask him for one more year last year as he was desperate to go then? I'm sure they'll go and get 2 massive signings before this window is over if he leaves. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, he’s a little shit but he’s an excellent footballer. He’d be a big loss for them. 

On Bellingham, I’d wonder about the Bundesliga these days and how good a barometer of anything it is. For every Haaland or Konate there’s a Werner, Sancho or Keita. 

Sancho didn't become a bad player overnight,he became a united player overnight.

1 hour ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Then we should stop dicking around and buy the player we are looking to buy. Don't want to spend money to buy that player in the current window? Then don't get surprised if someone else spends that money. 

Agree

36 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, but it's not a real master plan. It's no different to mbappe 2020 nonsense. Keep our powder dry *taps nose*

Didn't they ask him for one more year last year as he was desperate to go then? I'm sure they'll go and get 2 massive signings before this window is over if he leaves. 

I think that is the bigger concern. Their chairman said they wouldn't stand still and while they have brought Haaland in they have let Sterling, Jesus and now potentially Silva go.

I don't see them saying "we will make do". I fear they will go out and buy 2 absolutely class players. If, as part of that, they could potentially screw us over then why wouldn't they? We would.

I am not that bothered about them getting Neymar, I think he has a touch of the pogbas about him now, but I just cannot see it. 

I think Bernardo Silva is the most underrated player in the PL era. He's brilliant, easily City's best player, you can't get the ball off him, he works like Dirk Kuyt, he's got the shit housery down to a tee and he's never injured. Bellingham would have to be some player to improve them.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think Bernardo Silva is the most underrated player in the PL era. He's brilliant, easily City's best player, you can't get the ball off him, he works like Dirk Kuyt, he's got the shit housery down to a tee and he's never injured. Bellingham would have to be some player to improve them.

I care less about how much he improves us and more about how us seemingly not deeming any other fucking midfielder in the world a viable alternative.

12 minutes ago, No2 said:

CRfK.gif

I do find it pretty alarming how so much of this fanbase (and the journos) are acting as if Bellingham is some sort of slam dunk next summer. There's absolutely nothing to suggest, other than PR, that it's so much of a certainty.

I'd hazard a guess that City, Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern and even PSG would be interested in him as soon as he becomes available. As soon as bidding war begins we are fucked. Dortmund aren't going to sell to us because we both sing YNWA.

We're laying all our hope on Jude being another Virgil, which would be romantic as hell but feels very fucking optimistic.

• Like 1

Just now, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I do find it pretty alarming how so much of this fanbase (and the journos) are acting as if Bellingham is some sort of slam dunk next summer. There's absolutely nothing to suggest, other than PR, that it's so much of a certainty.

I'd hazard a guess that City, Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern and even PSG would be interested in him as soon as he becomes available. As soon as bidding war begins we are fucked. Dortmund aren't going to sell to us because we both sing YNWA.

We're laying all our hope on Jude being another Virgil, which would be romantic as hell but feels very fucking optimistic.

Exactly. I am not even sure if those clubs are genuinely interested in signing him. For the price being mentioned he has to be THE BEST midfielder right now in the world. Is he really that good?