You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

So, that 1.6bn loan, ie some of the money stolen from the Russian people and the same money that has paid for nearly all the trophies that Chelsea have won in their  history…… what happened to it? Did it really go to good causes in Ukraine. I’ve had a bit of a Google, if you’ll pardon the expression, and I can’t find any reference to it since May. Either way, Chelsea have had near 20 years of success off the back of admitted corruption and come out of it under new ownership who are off on a massive spending spree on borrowed money. Some fucked up shit,that.

2 hours ago, DaveT said:

So, that 1.6bn loan, ie some of the money stolen from the Russian people and the same money that has paid for nearly all the trophies that Chelsea have won in their  history…… what happened to it? Did it really go to good causes in Ukraine. I’ve had a bit of a Google, if you’ll pardon the expression, and I can’t find any reference to it since May. Either way, Chelsea have had near 20 years of success off the back of admitted corruption and come out of it under new ownership who are off on a massive spending spree on borrowed money. Some fucked up shit,that.

I think the deal paid off the debt and the money from that and the sale are in some sort of escrow. So the club was about 900m, 1.5m to cover the debt and another couple of bil fantasy money that never has to be spent taking it to the 4.x bn final price. They're reasonably debt free at this point as I understand it. 

All this fume from United fans. They badly need to reset their expectations. They aren't signing world class players, not for the want of trying, but the fact they don't want to go there. It's pretty simple. We went through a period of having to sign under-the-radar, established decent players as we made our way back up the ladder. If you get these right they get you a steady footing to build on. That's why someone like Arnautovic isn't a terrible idea for them. But they're too chesty and proud to get on board with the fact the rebuild has to start somewhere. 

• Upvote 2