You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 minute ago, suzy said:

What’s  going on at Leicester? Only a few days til the new season starts and Kasper has just left, Maddison looks like he’s leaving and Brendan hasn’t brought anyone new in yet. Could get interesting…

I think they'll struggle. Vardy will lose his shit at all the abuse he gets over his stupid missus. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, suzy said:

What’s  going on at Leicester? Only a few days til the new season starts and Kasper has just left, Maddison looks like he’s leaving and Brendan hasn’t brought anyone new in yet. Could get interesting…

This was from yesterday I saw:

Leicester City have faced a "difficult" transfer market this summer, manager Brendan Rodgers says.

The Foxes are yet to make any signings - despite key players being linked with moves - while midfielder James Maddison has been the subject of a second bid from Newcastle.

Rodgers said the club have to manage their finances carefully.

"What has changed is my knowledge from a financial perspective," said the manager.

"This club will not look to spend money they don't have and that is where the club is stable and they will always be very sensible."

Supposedly over 200ml in debt and money being pushed to upgrade stadium and training grounds I think. If they lose Fofana,Barnes and Maddison reckon they might go down. They are in real trouble with all the 1st team squad that only have 12 months left on their deals

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Supposedly over 200ml in debt and money being pushed to upgrade stadium and training grounds I think. If they lose Fofana,Barnes and Maddison reckon they might go down. They are in real trouble with all the 1st team squad that only have 12 months left on their deals

Chat shit get relegated. Fucking herberts. I had a soft spot for them for years because of Martin O'Neill then winning it under Ranieri but their fans are cunts. Doubt they'll go down or anything but fuck them. 

• Upvote 1

NEW: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is out for a number of months and the club are awaiting news on a scan of an unspecified issue affecting Curtis Jones. #lfc [the athletic]

Morton out on loan. 

Jurgen said we’d only buy if somebody said they wanted to leave and did (Morton) and/or if there was a major injury (there is).

Surely we need a midfielder now?

24 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

NEW: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is out for a number of months and the club are awaiting news on a scan of an unspecified issue affecting Curtis Jones. #lfc [the athletic]

Morton out on loan. 

Jurgen said we’d only buy if somebody said they wanted to leave and did (Morton) and/or if there was a major injury (there is).

Could've at least waited until season starts.  Bet he's busy fucking his Missus. 

Still don't think we will. 

Elliot,Carvalho and Bajcetic will cover them. 

Jones and Ox only combined for just over 3000 minutes all last year,Morton not many either. 

The club will not sign a player just to cover injuries, they'll look at it that Milner,Nabby,Elliot Carvalho,Bajcetic can cover the spot with Hendo,Fabinho and Thiago as starters. Especially as they seem to want to go big on Bellingham or similar next year. If a target becomes available or someone bids they might bite but I doubt it happens this late. 

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Morton out on loan. 

On the basis that the Ox doesn't play when fit I don't see that having any impact. With Jones it depends how serious it is. On the basis that both Jones and Klopp were overruled by the medical department then you would think it isn't that serious.Think Morton was always going on loan.

If Jones is ruled out for a good while then you would hope they will move because relying on Naby or Thiago to be available for the majority of games seems extremely optimistic even for Jurgen.

Personally though, am struggling to see any further activity whatever. It is perhaps telling that other clubs moving for Chukewemeka or Onana hasn't pushed us into action. That perhaps suggests we have a particular target in mind next summer and are confident of getting him and will muddle through this season.

33 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Strange choice of words, we'll be fine.

It was if Jones has a bad injury, Thiago and Naby miss their usual number of games and Fabinho misses a bit (which has happened for the last 3 seasons) Having to chop and change a bit is the same as muddling through as I see it. Compared to being able to play a pretty consistent 3-4.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

In an ideal world for me it would be Keita out and a new option in. I'm a bit bored with waiting for Keita to happen. It's not going to happen though. Weve spent up.

I think we just have to accept that Keita has happened and Klopp is happy with whatever him happening is. This will also require us to accept that Klopp knows better than us though.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, m0e said:

With the 5 subs rule, Milner is going to come on to help us keep our lead about 100 times this season.

And so he should.

I agree. 

What did Klopp say at the end of last season to Milner “You don’t start games because I need you at the end of games” or something. 

Completely correct.

Some mid-20’s no mark wouldn’t give us what Milner gives.