You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

39 minutes ago, HBenn said:

That is quite a big jump. Just because his dad was rich doesn't mean he is naive or stupid. 

From my understanding he has been heavily involved with the running of the club for years (before his dad died) and was one of the lead drivers in the activities they have done in the ground (to boost the atmosphere) and around the City to foster goodwill and increase support for the team.

Not your average actions of a spoilt, clueless rich kid.

None of what you say he's done needs financial savvy; quite the opposite, in fact.

And my point was that he's not going to know how to cook the books like his dad did.

You think, or even know he can, then good for you.

And while were on the subject of thinking and knowing, why do you suppose they're buying no-one and needing to sell?

Having watched a bit of Carvalho and Elliott, I’m more relaxed about our midfield for the upcoming season. I still believe that Maddison is a decent “moneyball” option for midfield. His output is better than Grealish’s but would probably cost about half.

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If Leicester are struggling with FFP surprised that someone(mostly chelsea) hasnt gone for Fofana. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12659745/wesley-fofana-chelsea-interested-in-signing-leicester-city-central-defender

He's like the 250th defender that they seem to be interested in signing this summer. 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Having watched a bit of Carvalho and Elliott, I’m more relaxed about our midfield for the upcoming season. I still believe that Maddison is a decent “moneyball” option for midfield. His output is better than Grealish’s but would probably cost about half.

Spending £70m for an attacking midfielder because you think we need an attacking midfielder isn’t money ball. Honestly, it’s like you haven’t even seen the film.

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Spending £70m for an attacking midfielder because you think we need an attacking midfielder isn’t money ball. Honestly, it’s like you haven’t even seen the film.

Trying to replace Giambi with a more expensive Giambi. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The film? Pfft, some of us read the book long before that.

*sniffs own fart*

La de fucking da. Hark at Graeme Le Saux here with his books. Well answer me this big brain, who wasted 6 months of their life reading a book and who got all that information ingested within a 2 hour run time? That’s 5 months, 3 weeks, 6 days and 22 hours more time for looking at meme’s and wanking.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, m0e said:

None of what you say he's done needs financial savvy; quite the opposite, in fact.

And my point was that he's not going to know how to cook the books like his dad did.

You think, or even know he can, then good for you.

And while were on the subject of thinking and knowing, why do you suppose they're buying no-one and needing to sell?

Who says his dad was cooking the books? Even if he was, his son has been front and centre of it since they arrived so I am sure would have a good idea how it all worked.

Personally think they have always had a bit of a sell to buy policy. Off the top of my head they have sold Maguire, Chilwell, Drinkwater and Kante for big money (for a team the size of Leicester).

Now, as they have missed out twice on CL its getting harder to renew their best players as they let their contracts run down. Now,  with a load of them having 1 yr left they are struggling more to fund big moves.

Then you have got funding a new training ground and stadium improvements and they are the type of club that cannot afford a bad summer or transfers (which they had last year).

The owner died 4 years ago, they have still been in their punching above their weight but it just goes to show with any business model, if you miss out on CL continually it really hurts with sponsors etc.

Would we be much better off if we kept missing out on CL with our business model? We took out loans for the stadium and training ground, we have a much longer standing with sponsors and fanbase.

To be honest I think they have done a great job taking them from middle of the championship to top 4 challengers and cleverly connected with the city.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Werner is a such an advert for the eye test and psychological evaluation of transfer targets. On stats and profile alone, almost everyone thought he was a top player. 

Just lacking that wee bit of not being able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Werner is such an advert for the eye test and psychological evaluation of transfer targets. On stats and profile alone, almost everyone thought he was a top player. 

I never rated him and said so at the time. 

45 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Werner is such an advert for the eye test and psychological evaluation of transfer targets. On stats and profile alone, almost everyone thought he was a top player. 

He did look a top class player at Leipzig. He looked like he could play across the front 3. I still think if Klopp got his hands on him he would turn him to a top class forward. Think most of his problems are in his head, needs a manager that helps him get his strut back. (Tuchel is too highly strung for that).

Cannot see it being us though.

26 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Sigurdson, Gotze, Loic Remy, Fekir. We’re as good at nearly signing duds as we are at signing shit hot players. I’m sure there was a left back in there too who turned out shit and was too expensive so we signed Robbo.

Tsmimikas over the lad from Norwich looks a good deal now.

• Upvote 1