You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

45 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

He had a pretty bad season last season.

Leicester haven't signed a single player yet this summer either.

I think they will really struggle.

Vardy looks pretty done as a top level player now too. Could see them being in a relegation scrap alongside Everton and the promoted teams. 

I could see Rodgers getting the sack this season. 

I reckon first to go is between Rodgers, Lampard & Hasenhüttl. Howe an outside bet.

Just now, Scott_M said:

I could see Rodgers getting the sack this season. 

I reckon first to go is between Rodgers, Lampard & Hasenhüttl. Howe an outside bet.

Leeds have a reasonable opening set of fixtures but it won’t take a lot for their numpty fans to turn on Jesse Marsch. 

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

Leeds have a reasonable opening set of fixtures but it won’t take a lot for their numpty fans to turn on Jesse Marsch. 

True. Their main asset, before everybody worked them out, was Bielsa. They are an incredibly limited side, especially now with no Raphina or Phillips, who were clearly a cut above their teammates.

Absolutely zero idea who they’ve signed. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

True. Their main asset, before everybody worked them out, was Bielsa. They are an incredibly limited side, especially now with no Raphina or Phillips, who were clearly a cut above their teammates.

The usual scatter gun approach. Got a few in without really addressing their issues. It’s possible one or two might turn out to be half decent, the rest will be shite. 

Probably won’t go down, but that’ll be down to three other teams being even shitter than them rather than anything they do. 

Their fans will continue to compete for the most loathsome in the league trophy. I make them favourites for that. 

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Their fans will continue to compete for the most loathsome in the league trophy. I make them favourites for that. 

They’ll certainly be battling for it.

They’ll also be bottom 6.

Personally I hope they stay up. I enjoy taking 6 points off them. Much more satisfying than beating most other sides in the league.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Sinisterra from Feyenoord. He's very good. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

We could do with Eddie Howe coming over all giddy again. 

Would be interesting if we get a bid.

Not quite sure whether we have stopped with transfers because Klopp is happy with his squad or because they cannot do more unless others move on.

Cannot work out whether Gorst is filling up column inches or hinting at something in his article for the Echo this evening. The last paragraph re Bellingham was interesting.

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

I thought Leicester were one of the models of how to run a football club efficiently. They buy cheap and sell high, can't see their wage bill being to mad either. 

They had to give a lot of players big pay rises after the league win, and then to keep the newer ones coming through, like Maddison and Barnes.

They make fuck all money commercially, and since the owner died, they're less likely to be able to cook the books.

3 minutes ago, m0e said:

They had to give a lot of players big pay rises after the league win, and then to keep the newer ones coming through, like Maddison and Barnes.

They make fuck all money commercially, and since the owner died, they're less likely to be able to cook the books.

Why would the owner dying have any impact. His son runs the club.

3 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Why would the owner dying have any impact. His son runs the club.

Because he built an empire and knows how to handle money, hide money, and hire the right 'money people'. Not to mention how many connections he has, and those who owe him favours.

His son, as with most rich kids, will know the square root of fuck all. He's likely getting mugged off left, right and centre as we speak.

Edit - which may explain why he needs the money!

32 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If Leicester are struggling with FFP surprised that someone(mostly chelsea) hasnt gone for Fofana. 

Yes, he looked a cracking player pre-injury. Haven't seen him play since but assume he is back up to that level.

17 minutes ago, No2 said:

I thought Leicester were one of the models of how to run a football club efficiently. They buy cheap and sell high, can't see their wage bill being to mad either. 

I don't have a subscription, but I believe this article covers it. They have to sell to buy and are expecting big losses for the season just finished. Maybe someone has a subscription to share. I heard about it when they were discussing it on the radio. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/07/20/leicester-logjam-why-brendan-rodgers-transfer-plans-have-paralysed/

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't have a subscription, but I believe this article covers it. They have to sell to buy and are expecting big losses for the season just finished. Maybe someone has a subscription to share. I heard about it when they were discussing it on the radio. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/07/20/leicester-logjam-why-brendan-rodgers-transfer-plans-have-paralysed/

https://archive.ph/yXtoA

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

Because he built an empire and knows how to handle money, hide money, and hire the right 'money people'. Not to mention how many connections he has, and those who owe him favours.

His son, as with most rich kids, will know the square root of fuck all. He's likely getting mugged off left, right and centre as we speak.

Edit - which may explain why he needs the money!

That is quite a big jump. Just because his dad was rich doesn't mean he is naive or stupid. 

From my understanding he has been heavily involved with the running of the club for years (before his dad died) and was one of the lead drivers in the activities they have done in the ground (to boost the atmosphere) and around the City to foster goodwill and increase support for the team.

Not your average actions of a spoilt, clueless rich kid.

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They may well be in serious trouble. They are not at risk of ffp issues yet as covid loses are partially to blame. Buy there's a bit on the Athletic, they've spent big on the training ground and plans for the stadium. 

But

Tielemans is one of 10 players now in the final year of their contracts. Caglar Soyuncu, Ayoze Perez, Daniel Amartey, Mendy, Choudhury, Ryan Bertrand, Jamie Vardy, Jonny Evans and captain Kasper Schmeichel will all be free agents next summer as things stand.

Without the money to finance new players they will take a huge hit losing so many players. Sounds like they thought they'd get a lot of offers that haven't come in

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They may well be in serious trouble. They are not at risk of ffp issues yet as covid loses are partially to blame. Buy there's a bit on the Athletic, they've spent big on the training ground and plans for the stadium. 

But

Tielemans is one of 10 players now in the final year of their contracts. Caglar Soyuncu, Ayoze Perez, Daniel Amartey, Mendy, Choudhury, Ryan Bertrand, Jamie Vardy, Jonny Evans and captain Kasper Schmeichel will all be free agents next summer as things stand.

Without the money to finance new players they will take a huge hit losing so many players. Sounds like they thought they'd get a lot of offers that haven't come in

I think Ndidi is more important to them than Tielemans. He and Fofan are the only two I would look at in their squad. Albeit, whether both are as good after their injuries, I don't know.  

6 minutes ago, HBenn said:

I think Ndidi is more important to them than Tielemans. He and Fofan are the only two I would look at in their squad. Albeit, whether both are as good after their injuries, I don't know.  

James Justin is another good one