You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

43 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I think we all know exactly how much they’ll need to pay for the left back. How can plucky Pep be expected to compete if he doesn’t have half a dozen £50m left backs knocking about the place.

For such a genius he seems to be completely incapable of finding full backs that he can actually work with.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Should we be looking at Frankie De Jong? Van Dijk likes him. I'm surprised we haven't been linked. I'd love to pip the mancs to another of their top targets. Especially if he's as good as VVD makes out. 

Wages will be a problem, plus he'd only be a backup to Thiago.

I can't help feeling that if he was THAT good, a better team than United would be in for him.

59 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Should we be looking at Frankie De Jong? Van Dijk likes him. I'm surprised we haven't been linked. I'd love to pip the mancs to another of their top targets. Especially if he's as good as VVD makes out. 

Not seen Van Dijks' comments on him but do remember Lijnders waxing lyrical about him and Pedri in the column he did for the offal I think it was while the Euros were going on. 

5 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Not seen Van Dijks' comments on him but do remember Lijnders waxing lyrical about him and Pedri in the column he did for the offal I think it was while the Euros were going on. 

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/news/report-liverpool-defender-virgil-van-dijk-praises-barcelona-midfielder-frenkie-de-jong

I don't doubt that de Jong is a good player, and one that seems particularly suited to the Hendo role, but the salary issues are going to be a ballache with Barcelona trying to claw back a heftier transfer fee to offset his deferred salary, and that he will still be looking for a salary not far off what he's supposed to get there. Of our squad, only Mo is paid anything like that.

The more I think about the Bellingham fee the less it looks a good move. 100ml is nuts, you could probably get 2 really good players like Olmo and Wirtz for a similar fee, and probably wages with the offers we'd need to match for him. 

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

£180-£200k per week. Jesus.

Although if Forest finish 17th, it’ll have been worth it.

2E05A373-C025-4CA1-AC59-B6AA02D0AB63.png

People will say the wages are ridiculous, but on a 1 year deal, that doesn't really hurt the club. Good for Lingard, to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People will say the wages are ridiculous, but on a 1 year deal, that doesn't really hurt the club. Good for Lingard, to be honest. 

Apparently, it’s £80k per week, with bonuses max is £121k per week. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Portugal is the new Southampton. 

Talking of Southampton, they’ve reached an agreement for a 19 yr old French kid who scored 5 goals in 5 games for France in the u20 Toulon tournament.
Has the initials SM!
Sekou Mara.
Expect him to sign in 25/26.

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Nowhere near hyperbole enough for me.

Interesting though, maybe a bit FM Wonderkid.

They stay away from players already linked, or obvious and stick to a brief (as said at the beginning of the video) so this video was specifically looking at the Carvalho/Elliot profile of signing rather than the top end.

There's 5 or 6 sensible transfer videos for Liverpool over the previous years that look at first team targets.

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

They stay away from players already linked, or obvious and stick to a brief (as said at the beginning of the video) so this video was specifically looking at the Carvalho/Elliot profile of signing rather than the top end.

There's 5 or 6 sensible transfer videos for Liverpool over the previous years that look at first team targets.

Despite my mocking, I actually quite enjoyed it. Obviously some thought has gone into it, not like the usual drivel.