You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

A regular run is what Jones needs most at that point in his career, a season-long loan at Villa would be a great move for him I reckon. I’d even consider selling him with a buy back option set at say £25m, to further incentivise Villa to play him every week.

The thing I was getting at was why buy Jacob Ramsey when jones is already a better player and struggles to get game time. As for being loaned, that seems to be a bit of a kisss of death where our players are concerned.

Only really Elliott that has gone on loan and properly come back into the fold. Origi ended up back on the fold because he was so bad out.on loan nobody wanted him at our valuation.

Jones will get loads of game time next season with us not signing an extra midfielder. He’s great with the ball at his feet, he presses well and he’s still got loads of room to grow. The problem is that despite being great with the ball at his feet he often has it there too long to do anything effective with it. My suspicion is that he’d probably flourish in the luxury no10 role that doesn’t really exist anymore but at us we’ll try and mould him to be a Hendo/Gini and that attacking side will slip more and more in to the background. Idiots will bemoan his ineffectiveness and super brains will talk up his hidden contributions and movement stats.

8 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

The thing I was getting at was why buy Jacob Ramsey when jones is already a better player and struggles to get game time. As for being loaned, that seems to be a bit of a kisss of death where our players are concerned.

Only really Elliott that has gone on loan and properly come back into the fold. Origi ended up back on the fold because he was so bad out.on loan nobody wanted him at our valuation.

Jones better than Ramsey ? It's all about opinions but I certainly would rate Ramsey higher and he would be knocking on the starters door for us. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

If he gets 25 goals a season for the next three he goes above Liddell. He'll get there. Don't think he gets past Gordon Hodgson though.

85 off Hodgson. Wouldn’t put it past him. Third ever behind Hunt and Rush would be an amazing achievement.

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

A regular run is what Jones needs most at that point in his career, a season-long loan at Villa would be a great move for him I reckon. I’d even consider selling him with a buy back option set at say £25m, to further incentivise Villa to play him every week.

6AA01CC8-E845-4226-9504-9716DF00C37F.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

image.pngThe other list he'll be bothering next season. He's currently level with Stevie.

Currently on 120 goals in 193 games (118 in 180 for Liverpool) , if he gets 68 league goals in the next 3 years, he passes Andy Cole (187 in 414 games) and be 4th behind Shearer (260 in 441 games), Rooney (208 in 491 games) and Kane (currently 183 in 282 games)

2 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Rapey Ron hands in transfer request 

Oh yeah doesn’t want his ‘brand’ to suffer. ‘Loves the club and fans’, oh fuck off. 

Rumours about Roma players have said he’s off there. Makes some sense with Mourinho at the helm and they’re in the CL and he’ll be the star man there.

Sadly him leaving will probably help the mancs - frees up half a million a week wages and means they no longer have to accommodate a 38 year player who won't run around and who demands all the free kicks/pens etc in their team and has an attitude of 'i am better than all this'

I hope he stays frankly.

• Upvote 1

It will help United 100% though.

All Ronaldo did last season was nullify Fernandes. Getting rid of him Pogba and Lingard is the best bit of business they've done in ages.

Ten Haag wants to play a high pressing system so how the fuck would that work with Ronaldo playing walking football?

8 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Id actually just love us to sign Ronaldo for a season just for the fume/piss boiling and meltdown it would cause in Mancland

I often contemplate stabbing myself in the leg to teach my enemies a lesson.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Id actually just love us to sign Ronaldo for a season just for the fume/piss boiling and meltdown it would cause in Mancland

He wouldn't last 15 mins in a Klopp team.

Thankfully.

The preening prick.

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

Why would putting in a 25m buy back clause in incentivise villa to play him? 

• Upvote 1