You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Was just about to say the same thing. I think the step up in quality is too high.

Very few players have come directly from Brazil or Argentina  to the premier league and been an instant success. Tevez is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. 

Ardiles and Villa. 

Before rebranding of course. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Mourinho ruined Kerlon.

One of the most egregious crimes of the shitcunts career.

Not really sure he can be blamed

He was loaned out as soon as he joined Inter and even Chievo didn't play him. His knees where fucked amd nobody wanted him, even when loaned to Ajax they only offered him a place in the 2nd team

Just now, Lee909 said:

Not really sure he can be blamed

He was loaned out as soon as he joined Inter and even Chievo didn't play him. His knees where fucked amd nobody wanted him, even when loaned to Ajax they only offered him a place in the 2nd team

Just blame Moureen, hombre. 

Makes life easier.

Turns out his life turned out alright, he has a decent academy training potential future stars, but they do education and life skills as well as football.

Seems like he’s got his head screwed on despite having a very fucking odd life.

28 minutes ago, J-V said:

Bissouma cleared of sexual assault. 

Dropped a bollock at that price.

Apparently they research the background of the player, look at personality etc. There was an article last summer about a lot of clubs being put off because of issues he has had in the past (before any of these charges or incidents happened). Maybe they just don't think he would be a good fit for the group.

On 28/06/2022 at 22:02, TD_LFC said:

Paolo Montero was one of my favourite players from the golden era of Serie A in the early 00's, I realise he's neither Brazilian or paying in the southern state championship but it was a good old footballing stereotype that South American defenders would rather kick your face off than take the ball.

Neither him or Walter Samuel get the credit they deserve.

Walter Samuel was brilliant. 

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Of all the positions the mancs need to improve in, which are many, it doesn’t feel like left back should be their first priority…

D3FF0889-63EF-4FE3-9A7A-03D41FFB60C8.png

They're getting desperate. I love it.