You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

4 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

My idea, and bare with me as it’s a bit wild, would be to replace a couple of the nine midfielders, the shitter ones like, with one good one.

Yeah, that's great. A wholly original idea. We'll see if Klopp wants to do that. 

36 minutes ago, Dave D said:

You mean in a a kind of "just sold Bellingham" kind of way

You never know, certainly one to keep an eye on 

Doubt it would be a sale this summer but could be a Naby style deal for next summer.

One to keep an eye on. Denying a sale would happen while you get your business done would be sensible.

There may well be a relative win-win for everyone. A premium from us that reflects a likely succesful World Cup and allows Dortmund time to properly plan. A price that ensures we get the player and can plan.

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Surprised city are letting Sterling go.

I think something has happened there. His relationship with guardiola last summer seemed to take a nose dive. Maybe because he turned down a contract? Or demanded to much? But since then it's seemed on the cards. I did wonder for a while if he'd end up with us on a bosman next year with Salah going the opposite direction. 

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Am I missing something with Bellingham? He seems one of the most sort after midfielders in Europe. Certainly young midfielders. Won't he be wanting wages that smash our salary structure? 

Maybe with him being 19/20 if he comes next summer he will be in that tier below the really big earners. Maybe similar to what Tchouameni wanted and supposedly we agreed wages with him.

For him to come here think he will have to make it clear that he wants to come to us and only us. I cannot see us getting into a bidding war. Will probably look elsewhere if that looks like happening.

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Surprised city are letting Sterling go.

He's refused to talk about a new contract and has a year left.

They need to start balancing the books, or at least appear to be.

37 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Maybe with him being 19/20 if he comes next summer he will be in that tier below the really big earners. Maybe similar to what Tchouameni wanted and supposedly we agreed wages with him.

For him to come here think he will have to make it clear that he wants to come to us and only us. I cannot see us getting into a bidding war. Will probably look elsewhere if that looks like happening.

I would have expected him (and thought I'd read) him aiming to achieve the sort of deal Sancho did.