You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

19 minutes ago, A_S said:

The last time this fella did a similar post, it was Bayern wanting Sadio. 

Falk is quite good about Bayern, he was all over the Thiago story as well.

Not sure what he’s like non-Bayern though. 

Celtic are about to sign Joao Jota on a permanent deal from Benfica after having him on loan last season. The lad has the potential to be a world beater. Worth keeping an eye on next season. Can play on either wing. 

3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Phillips to City would be a weird one unless they're short of homegrown players. Would be their worst midfielder.

They’re losing Fernandinho and have told Gündoğan he’s free to leave.

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Could just be reporting interest we had prior to Leeds staying up. Similar to Raphinha, there was a possibility of a bargain swoop.

Likely. Weren’t both rumoured to have c.£25m release clauses if Leeds got relegated? 

Can’t see us spending c.£60m on either of them.

I was out with my Leeds supporting mate yesterday. Mainly to annoy him, I said both Raphinha and Phillips were less good than he thinks they are and neither would go for anywhere near the money he thinks they’re worth. 

If anything will result in a £120 million double bid for the pair, then my words are it. 

On 04/06/2022 at 12:19, joe_fishfish said:

Abraham's good, he'd cost too much for what he'd give us though. Only went to Roma last year and he cost them £36m, they'd be looking for £50m at least.

Maybe he's got a release clause, that's the only way I'd see us going for him. 24 already too, not a kid any more.

Chelsea have got a £68m buy back clause active after two years so, yeah, I don’t think he’d come cheap.

I think after a week of being on #teampropernumber9, I'm vacillating towards #teamleftfootedrightwinger with Salah playing more centrally. Depends on if we can find a better number 9 or right winger in the market. 

Pulisic is not an attractive option, in my opinion. Klopp already worked with him and I'm sure he likes him, but fuck that. 

9 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Surprised no one has been right in for Eriksson. If he's happy to be a squad player I'd have him here in a second.

I was thinking that the other day he's got that vision to open up a team sitting back.

This lad is the one we should get IMHO.

Jonathan David

22 years old

A versatile forward, David plays primarily as a second striker in a 4–4–2 formation or as an attacking midfielder;[39] he is also capable of playing as an out–and–out striker,[40] and is known for his goalscoring ability.[41] As a second striker, in a partnership he plays just behind the other primary striker.[39][42] David is able to find gaps in the defence and to attack these areas with his pace, noted for his high top speeds.[39] He is also able to play short passes and combine with teammates to attack the goal area, he is able to play best with his tight control and sharp interplay between teammates.[42] Due to his pace and speed, David is also effective on counterattacks.[39] Moreover, he is known for his tactical intelligence, defensive work-rate, and ability to read the game, as well as his willingness to press opposing players off the ball.[40]

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Surprised no one has been right in for Eriksson. If he's happy to be a squad player I'd have him here in a second.

Rumoured the Blueshite are trying to get him on a 2 year deal. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think after a week of being on #teampropernumber9, I'm vacillating towards #teamleftfootedrightwinger with Salah playing more centrally. Depends on if we can find a better number 9 or right winger in the market. 

Same. We've got an adaptable front line, so we can be flexible in who we bring in.

I'd still prefer to see Salah on the right though, his defensive work is a little underrated.

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Could just be reporting interest we had prior to Leeds staying up. Similar to Raphinha, there was a possibility of a bargain swoop.

Talk of a player plus cash deal with the inclusion of Minamino. Comes from the mirror. Not sure if that makes it reliable or hogwash.