You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Think we might go in for Doku. 

Had a poor / injury hit season. Should be available for a lower fee as a result. FSG high potential type signing

We won't.

Too much potential not enough product.

12 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah, the “FSG type signing” these days is either teenagers we can get for cheap, or really good players in the 23-25 bracket we think can become top class.

Yep, we'd be more likely to take another look at someone like Danjuma than we would Doku

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Keep an eye on the MF and my invite-only twitter. There are invites available for gold members. 

You need to ask your IT people about the notifications thing that you set up, mate. I got the same one about the Leipzig lad three times last night. Maybe they duplicated the list or something?

28 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yep, we'd be more likely to take another look at someone like Danjuma than we would Doku

I looked at Danjuma on fbref because I can't be arsed watching La Liga, and the guy does not press. According to the data anyway ... he does NOTHING without the ball. We're talking Messi / Ronaldo levels of inactivity.

Our forwards actually press surprisingly infrequently but that's probably down to us having the ball most of the time, Villareal aren't a top side in Spain so you'd expect them to be pressing more than us in general, not less.

1 minute ago, joe_fishfish said:

I looked at Danjuma on fbref because I can't be arsed watching La Liga, and the guy does not press. According to the data anyway ... he does NOTHING without the ball. We're talking Messi / Ronaldo levels of inactivity.

Our forwards actually press surprisingly infrequently but that's probably down to us having the ball most of the time, Villareal aren't a top side in Spain so you'd expect them to be pressing more than us in general, not less.

I'm not suggesting we sign him, he was just an example of previously linked players (Djoku/Danjuma) and which profile we'd be more likely to sign.

On Danjuma, like Nunez, you'd have to look at Villareal as a whole to see what his role in the team is and whether it's a player issue or system issue on top of what his actual output is in the different areas.

I'd like to see us move for Ward-Prowse if Keita moved on. 

Scalpel of a right foot, dead ball expert and already a leader in his current team. Anticipating loads of disparaging comments on this idea, most of which could have been and probably were applied to James Milner in 2015. Cut from a similar cloth, for me. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Nunez video, please. 3-5 minutes. Goals and assists. Generic effects at start for first 30 seconds. Europop soundtrack preferable but not essential.

Name of the video should be "Darwin Nunez - Welcome to Liverpool 2022"

Just now, Strontium said:

Name of the video should be "Darwin Nunez - Welcome to Liverpool 2022"

Bad photoshop of him in a Liverpool shirt at the start. If it goes past 7 minutes, it starts showing clips from reserve games 4 years ago where there aren't any fans and there might as well not be an opposition goalkeeper, given his awfulness. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Scalpel of a right foot, dead ball expert and already a leader in his current team. Anticipating loads of disparaging comments on this idea, most of which could have been and probably were applied to James Milner in 2015. Cut from a similar cloth, for me. 

Milner was a good footballer and brought versatility to the team, Prowse offers very little we don't already have outside of set pieces.

29 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Don't think I've ever seen a more shameless begging for aRdja rep.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, ManéMan said:

It's too easy to pick on Keita though. He's also been very good this season but one awful shot when he'd been on the pitch literally minutes...it's not like we have anyone else in that position we could have confidently said might have scored or even worked the keeper. 

I think we always look more fluid and likely to score when he starts the game, but doesn't look as good when coming on as a sub, mainly because it's usually when we are chasing a goal and sacrifice a player in midfield for an extra attacker as it was on Saturday. 

Can you jump back on Twitter please...

If you think people are judging him because of one awful shot...oh ffs, I will just stop there...