You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'm surprised we're not linked with Lewendowski. He would jump at the chance to play for Klopp, and we need a natural centre forward. If Mane is going to Bayern we would be silly not to ask about Lewendowski coming the other way.

I had that thought…..then looked up his salary and he’s apparently on £330k a week. We’re never going to pay his wages, with him being 33(?) and all

I was thinking about the treble we won in 2001, and how we were outclassed in the FA Cup final by Arsenal, but still won thanks to two clinical strikes. That's what we need. Someone who is adept at putting the ball in the back of the net.

9 hours ago, aRdja said:

There aren’t many obvious options out there for a proper number 9.

Havertz - The dream, a complete striker, but unlikely to move as Chelsea’s new owners have loads of cash
Harry Kane - 29, ankle issues, price would be prohibitive 

Haaland - Just signed for Man City

Nunez - Relatively untested and seems raw and unpolished

I like DCL and Bamford but they didn’t show much this season for one reason or another. How did your boy Jonathan David go?

I'm a bit shocked that Havertz is at the top of your proper 9's list when his natural position is number 10. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day might be ruined. 

David had a terrible second half of the season. At this point, his resume is basically two seasons of about 15 goals in France at 22 years old, which is good. Wouldn't say he's a proper 9, though. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

I think Martinelli will be Sadio’s replacement. 

Klopp’s not exactly been discrete in his admiration for him recently. 

But Klopp doesn't do that for the same 'devious' purposes that many managers do. I think he is just genuinely happy to say he likes certain players. And I doubt FSG will be keen on buying in the domestic market with its wildly inflated prices which are set to get even wilder (thanks for that, Newcastle). I agree, though, that he's likely to want a player with that skill set.

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Lewandowski would obviously be a perfect short term option. Also think Cavani would fit in well.

I bet his wages won't seem like a perfect short term solution! It'd be nice, though. Where IS a good club for him at this stage? Italy?

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

There aren’t many obvious options out there for a proper number 9.

Havertz - The dream, a complete striker, but unlikely to move as Chelsea’s new owners have loads of cash
Harry Kane - 29, ankle issues, price would be prohibitive 

Haaland - Just signed for Man City

Nunez - Relatively untested and seems raw and unpolished

I like DCL and Bamford but they didn’t show much this season for one reason or another. How did your boy Jonathan David go?

DCL & Bamford? Decent strikers but, fuck me, we’re one of the best teams on Europe. They are not Top 4/ CL level, not by a long shot. Never will be. They’ll never play for an elite club. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah; I could live with Nunez. I think Nkunku would be good in an CAM position. We really need players who can break down the sides that sit deep. No idea what is and isn’t realistic because I don’t read the BS media that makes half of it up, and is misinformed about the other half.

20 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

DCL & Bamford? Decent strikers but, fuck me, we’re one of the best teams on Europe. They are not Top 4/ CL level, not by a long shot. Never will be. They’ll never play for an elite club. 

This is the poster who rated a Lovren over Matip remember.

• Upvote 1

Yeah; I could live with Nunez. I think Nkunku would be good in an CAM position. We really need players who can break down the sides that sit deep. No idea what is and isn’t realistic because I don’t read the BS media that makes half of it up, and is misinformed about the other half.

There's a chance Nkunku and Nunez will be like Sancho and Havertz; We might be interested, but the value is not there as they would cost too much.

A lot of these players' values go up so fast, they quickly become out of reach. Nunez was a no name basically a year ago. Bowen is another example of this, he was seen as merely decent when we were linked. Now he's had a fantastic season and will be really expensive. Probably too much.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm a bit shocked that Havertz is at the top of your proper 9's list when his natural position is number 10. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day might be ruined. 

David had a terrible second half of the season. At this point, his resume is basically two seasons of about 15 goals in France at 22 years old, which is good. Wouldn't say he's a proper 9, though. 

David is pretty average. N Kunku has developped in a very good player.

City having another quite summer with £200m+ looking to be spent...

'“I can confirm that there will be more players coming in,” Mubarak told City’s website. “We’ve made two very important additions already but I anticipate we will be doing a couple more. We are looking to strengthen the team in the areas we need strengthening. Every season some players leave and we have to refresh the team. We always look at improving and strengthening.'

I don't know how they do it!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

David is pretty average. N Kunku has developped in a very good player.

David is definitely not as good as I want him to be, unfortunately. He played youth football basically 10 minutes away from where I grew up, though, so I'll probably always back him.

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Prem proven.

Unlike shite like Haaland and Lewandowski.

• Upvote 1

As it looks likely that Mane will be replaced as a like for like I'm really looking forward to see who we bring in and how Klopp develops the squad and team .

Let's face it our recruitment since Klopp came in in the main has been pretty impressive