You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

The squad needs a right back, 2 midfielders and a striker.  Midfield is arguably most important area imo.  Not that a midfield trio of Fab, Tiago & Henderson is poor (its far from it) but we really need a player who can go past players & be a genuine goal threat from deep. We desperately need an injection of pace in there too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, George Costanza said:

The squad needs a right back, 2 midfielders and a striker.  Midfield is arguably most important area imo.  Not that a midfield trio of Fab, Tiago & Henderson is poor (its far from it) but we really need a player who can go past players & be a genuine goal threat from deep. We desperately need an injection of pace in there too.

Like Naby but good

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Would love, love, love a list of the proper number 9s you are looking at for us @aRdja

There aren’t many obvious options out there for a proper number 9.

Havertz - The dream, a complete striker, but unlikely to move as Chelsea’s new owners have loads of cash
Harry Kane - 29, ankle issues, price would be prohibitive 

Haaland - Just signed for Man City

Nunez - Relatively untested and seems raw and unpolished

I like DCL and Bamford but they didn’t show much this season for one reason or another. How did your boy Jonathan David go?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Talk is that Sadio will be replaced. Think we can rule out Kane, any pl striker so the likes of bamford etc, so who is there out there who is the sort of player we'd actually sign? I like the look of Nunez but he's definitely raw and would take time to embed. And I think given the fees and Utd going in for him you can rule that one out. Not sure about Nkunku either...there's not alot of players left in the market?

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

There aren’t many obvious options out there for a proper number 9.

Havertz - The dream, a complete striker, but unlikely to move as Chelsea’s new owners have loads of cash
Harry Kane - 29, ankle issues, price would be prohibitive 

Haaland - Just signed for Man City

Nunez - Relatively untested and seems raw and unpolished

I like DCL and Bamford but they didn’t show much this season for one reason or another. How did your boy Jonathan David go?

661FF0DD-D534-48BC-93BA-F3933AF70CC6.gif

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

We will probably get linked to some bang average player at some point and loads of people will fly into a homicidal rage. 

We've got to get through the 'why are we selling Mane we must be broke, this is a bad sign for the future of the team' and the 'why haven't we been linked with someone' rage before we start raging about quality.

It's a process.

I'm surprised we're not linked with Lewendowski. He would jump at the chance to play for Klopp, and we need a natural centre forward. If Mane is going to Bayern we would be silly not to ask about Lewendowski coming the other way.

3 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'm surprised we're not linked with Lewendowski. He would jump at the chance to play for Klopp, and we need a natural centre forward. If Mane is going to Bayern we would be silly not to ask about Lewendowski coming the other way.

He's off to Barcelona.