You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

8 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I don't understand why this three hardly features any more. Those were the best times I've had following this football club and Klopp seems to have given up on it. I hope Bobby plays more next season, and again, I appreciate this may put me in a minority.

As much as I think Bobby’s a busted flush I’d have started that front 3 tonight. We’ve got no one who can split the oppo’s centre halves without him and the amount of times we got the ball and attacked them only to see no one to pass it forward too was burning my head out. We made it easy for them tonight with the amount of times we passed it back out of the box when on the attack because we had no one to aim for. We need a threat to bring on who wants to cause havoc in the other teams box this summer. 

Funny how people were desperate to have Firmino dropped for a long time, but now obviously he had to have started this game. 

He was never starting, he never really got sharp this season because of some recurring injuries, but yeah, no shit the guy is important. He was the 9 of our best ever teams. There's a reason for that. 

I'm not even sure what direction we go into if Mane goes. I suppose a more traditional 9 could fit the bill if we do the thing where Firmino drops to the 10 with 3 other forwards. And you still have the traditional option of playing him as a 9 also. But then, what do you do with Jota...

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Funny how people were desperate to have Firmino dropped for a long time, but now obviously he had to have started this game. 

He was never starting, he never really got sharp this season because of some recurring injuries, but yeah, no shit the guy is important. He was the 9 of our best ever teams. There's a reason for that. 

I'm not even sure what direction we go into if Mane goes. I suppose a more traditional 9 could fit the bill if we do the thing where Firmino drops to the 10 with 3 other forwards. And you still have the traditional option of playing him as a 9 also. But then, what do you do with Jota...

Depends on the plan with Salah aswell. 

If both leave is it a inverted winger or more traditional one like Raphina. If its not a goalscoring winter then a more traditional striker might be required. If Salah plan was just to see out the contract I'd prefer to sell even at a reduced 60/70ml

We need to move on some players, Klopp should give up the loyalty he has towards Keita and seriously refresh this squad in the summer.

If we don't spent money now to bridge the little gap we have with City the gap will get lot wider and more difficult to close. However much it is true, we cannot keep blaming City for buying their way through. We have earned shit loads of money and it is time to spend big for once. Spend money to make money.

We spent big on Diaz. We do need fresh blood. In an ideal world an attacker and midfielder. With Carvalho in I can only really see us signing one player and maybe some kids. PSG have once again totally distorted the wage structure of the sport. 

I'd give my left arm for a player that can properly strike the ball and is clinical in a basic way like Son is. Our forwards are unbelievable at creating the opportunity to get a shot off but maybe its just an illusion because its our team and everyone feels it but it does seem we need a lot of chances just to get one, a hell of a lot of shots straight to keepers, pea rollers, scuffs and an unbelievable amount wide. I think it is just being more aware of our misses than anyone else's. Be interesting to see chances and conversion rates of players in the league, probably turn out we are the most clinical.

For all the talk of our front line, I still feel it's in midfield we need something. The player Keita looked when we signed him.

Next season, Diaz will have had a full pre-season and hopefully be more clinical, Salah will have had a much needed rest and not be dogshit, Firmino might be over his injuries. Fit and firing, the forward line will look good again.

We have no drive from midfield though, and we're relying on Trent underlapping, or other players vacating their positions to push us on.

If a forward leaves though, it'd be interesting to see if we went for someone like Nunez, whose whole game is scoring. I wouldn't be averse to that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CapeRed said:

Who is the lad at Barca in mf who is holding out on a new contract (Javi ?) We are reportedly interested in him. The Uruguayan lad up front at Benfica knows how to finish and could do a job for us.

Gavi. Gut feeling tells me his agent is using us to get a bumper deal from Barca.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Gavi. Gut feeling tells me his agent is using us to get a bumper deal from Barca.

I think the Barca president said last week that they have done everything and its his agent stalling on the contract. But you are probably right. Besides he is not the immediate solution anyway.

1 hour ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Rumours about us going for Dembele on a free. 

I hope not

He's shite, another of the new breed of footballer that doesn't give a shit about the work needed to be a football. As unprofessional as it gets

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

For all the talk of our front line, I still feel it's in midfield we need something. The player Keita looked when we signed him.

Next season, Diaz will have had a full pre-season and hopefully be more clinical, Salah will have had a much needed rest and not be dogshit, Firmino might be over his injuries. Fit and firing, the forward line will look good again.

We have no drive from midfield though, and we're relying on Trent underlapping, or other players vacating their positions to push us on.

If a forward leaves though, it'd be interesting to see if we went for someone like Nunez, whose whole game is scoring. I wouldn't be averse to that.

Agree with most of this.

The winter world cup could work in our favour too as the likes of Diaz and Salah will definitely get a long mid season break.

As promising as Nunez looked against us, I don't think his all round game is anywhere near good enough to play here. He would be a replacement for Origi, and we aren't going to pay the sort of fee needed to get him for a bit part player. 

My concern is that we've already done our transfer business for the summer in Diaz, Carvalho and that young Scottish lad.

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Agree with most of this.

The winter world cup could work in our favour too as the likes of Diaz and Salah will definitely get a long mid season break.

As promising as Nunez looked against us, I don't think his all round game is anywhere near good enough to play here. He would be a replacement for Origi, and we aren't going to pay the sort of fee needed to get him for a bit part player. 

My concern is that we've already done our transfer business for the summer in Diaz, Carvalho and that young Scottish lad.

Perhaps, but the fact we were apparently in for Tchouameni might indicate we're still looking for a midfielder.

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

True.

I think we will wait for 12 months and try and get Bellingham though if we aren't getting Tchoumeni.

We need two midfielders anyway we can't wait until next year for both.  Naby and Ox need to be fucked off.

• Upvote 1