You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

It's really hard to work out what needs to be done, because going for four targets is going to shatter the best of squads. A large part of the problem, once you get to this stage, is simple fatigue, mental even more than physical. 

For me, Salah has gone from an amazing positive to a shocking negative in the space of one season. Our right side just did not function in the last couple of months. Two players were put on him out wide, with another waiting behind them, and his early season runs were stopped. Then his ridiculous over-reliance on his left foot made his play in the box hopelessly predictable. I just don't know what can be done with him - he's world class except when he isn't. If he stays we need a reliable goal scorer added to the squad, because we cannot afford to keep playing him when his form dips.

We need a proper monster in midfield. Someone to win the ball for Thiago and intimidate the opposition. I think that's the priority. We've got decent back up without a first choice. We need a player who'll make as big an impact in midfield as Virge did in defence.

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not arsed to be honest, we seriously need to restructure our attack

Me neither. Can’t be arsed with the will they, won’t they rubbish.

I don’t want either of them to stay if all we’re gonna have to put up with is the shite around where they are going on free transfers. That will seriously disrupt the team next season and we don’t need that.

If they aren’t committing they need to be sold and rebuild that area of the pitch.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not arsed to be honest, we seriously need to restructure our attack

I agree it needs freshening up. But I think there's a real danger of assessing its effectiveness when 2/3 have had to go to an international tournament half way through the season that's left them knackered.

Any top striker might look the same under those circumstances.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I agree it needs freshening up. But I think there's a real danger of assessing its effectiveness when 2/3 have had to go to an international tournament half way through the season that's left them knackered.

Any top striker might look the same under those circumstances.

I like you mate, I think you’re a top poster but this “tired” shite sends me into a near homicidal rage. It’s a complete myth brought into the game by “science coaches” and “fitness technicians” it’s emperors clothes bullshit imo. I know nobody will agree with me but I’ve never been more certain of anything in my life. Complete horseshit. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Does anyone watch tonight and think Bowen solves it?

No.  It's like thinking bringing Naby on would solve it.

Bowen would be another Jota.  A good squad player. I don't think we should be spending £40m+ on more squad players.

7 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Can we sell Keita tomorrow first thing please ?

Jesus, that bloody shot from the edge of the box with 10 minutes left when he had all the time in the world. Can't really blame him for tonight when he only came on as a late sub but also just frustrating that he can't ever have even 1 big moment in an important game. Unfortunately, I think due to lack of interest in him from other clubs (at least at the sort of fee we'd be looking for), I think he'll end up with him signing a new contract and we'll be stuck with him underwhelming us for years to come.