You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 minute ago, joe_fishfish said:

I can imagine how those talks went. "Harry, come and join us and you'll get to work with the greatest manager in the game, and we'll even pay you almost as much as you earned at Spurs (in 2018)".

His idiot brother would probably be up for that now I think about it.

Unfortunately for the fat tongued prick he only knows how to say "let's gooooo, c'mon" like some meat sack version of Groot so if his idiot brother put the offer to him we'd be screwed.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Weird. These Anfield Wrap people usually don't act like ITK's. Is it confirmed he actually said that? That's one of their shows you have to pay for. 

I just posted it because I was bored, I'm not really giving it any credence.

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Weird. These Anfield Wrap people usually don't act like ITK's. Is it confirmed he actually said that? That's one of their shows you have to pay for. 

Basically a friend of the show that has a ‘source’.  The conclusion they reached was basically that it wouldn’t happen

3 minutes ago, Sandman40 said:

Basically a friend of the show that has a ‘source’.  The conclusion they reached was basically that it wouldn’t happen

Yeah, sounds flimsy.

I don't find it ridiculous we'd be interested in him when you consider we have a big player that might leave this summer and he wanted to leave Spurs a year ago, but is a transfer possible, probably not.

Harry Kane turns 29 this summer.  The Man City move he desperately wanted is now gone with the Haaland signing. 

His "Honours" section in wikipedia consists of 3 runners up places (2 League Finals and 1 CL Final).  It's a disaster of a career for someone so talented, and he is talented.  Extremely talented.  He creates as well as scores and would do that in abundance at Liverpool.  There is no reasonable or sensible argument for not wanting him to play for Liverpool.  However, he'd have to come extremely cheap given his age.  And he wouldn't.  So it's not happening.  So I've no idea why you read all this.

• Upvote 2

Let's get something straight. Harry Kane is a very good player. He's a total fucking mong, but he scores lots of goals and brings others into play very, very well. He's no mug. Getting him could potentially be like getting Lewendowski four years ago. My concern is that it changes the way we play a bit. However, playing against teams that park the bus - so about 85% of games - he could well be a game changer. That said, it seems very unrealistic at this point. 

Then there's Mane to Bayern for 38m. Why would we 1) sell him 2) sell him for that low fee? 

Kane would be brilliant, only way there is more than a 1% chance of it happening is if he managed to reach an agreement last season that he could leave for x amount if Spurs qualified for the CL.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Kane would be brilliant, only way there is more than a 1% chance of it happening is if he managed to reach an agreement last season that he could leave for x amount if Spurs qualified for the CL.

Yeah, exactly. You'd think United would be all over it if he was available, offering him crazy money every week. Rumours they're in for NKunku, so maybe this Ten Hag fella isn't quite as stupid as some of the previous managers. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Then there's Mane to Bayern for 38m. Why would we 1) sell him 2) sell him for that low fee? 

Why would Bayern sell us Thiago for £25m? I think we’ll get more. If he does go it’ll be for more money and a longer contract than we’re willing to offer but it’s not pie in the sky. We’ll want more though.

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

There is no reasonable or sensible argument for not wanting him to play for Liverpool. 

Other than the fact he's a cunt. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

maybe this Ten Hag fella isn't quite as stupid as some of the previous managers. 

If they somehow managed to achieve that you'd have to start thinking that they are deliberately sabotaging themselves. 

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Harry Kane would complete our team, but unfort it’s not going to happen IMO.

I completely agree. He would score and assist a bucket load here. He’s the perfect no.9 for us….dropping deep and getting involved in the play. 

But alas it won’t happen.