You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

10 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

up Madame Mbappe’s reds

Fuck him. He clearly wanted to get the maximum out of PSG and used Madrid and us to achieve that - shows where his ambitions lie.

Now he is just coming out with the "I will be a big fan of Real in CL final", "my mother is a red" bollocks to appease and not burn the bridges if it goes tits up at PSG.

Nice competition between him, Messi and Neymar on who gets the most money at PSG.

• Upvote 1

Can't see us getting him. We aren't going to spend the kind of money on him that Monaco will demand with Madrid in the frame. Plus he has 2 years left on his contract so Monaco don't have to sell this summer.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I think we should be ready to lose one of Salah or Mané this summer.

I believe we'd have only have had one of the original three by now if but for Covid. Shame if Mane goes though.

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

If we did, I’d bring an older forward in for a season or two and then go after Nkunku as Leipzig want to keep hold of him for another season,  

Blocking the squad with an older player that would only be a stop gap seems like the antithesis of what we do.

• Upvote 1

If Mane goes and Salah does end up staying I can see them putting the Mane money down on a right sided forward, probably Bowen but maybe a bit younger and with a less extortionate asking price. Diaz and Carvalho can cover that left side with Jota if needed and Jota and Firmino can play through the middle but Mo needs some proper back up. If they both go then fuck knows what we’ll do, it’ll be as exciting as it is shit though.

5 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

If Mane goes and Salah does end up staying I can see them putting the Mane money down on a right sided forward, probably Bowen but maybe a bit younger and with a less extortionate asking price. Diaz and Carvalho can cover that left side with Jota if needed and Jota and Firmino can play through the middle but Mo needs some proper back up. If they both go then fuck knows what we’ll do, it’ll be as exciting as it is shit though.

If Mane goes and Salah stays we should go for Darwin Nunez or another central forward.

Carvalho would cover through the middle not the left.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I think we should be ready to lose one of Salah or Mané this summer.

Think this was always the case this is the last season of our front 3 we will move one big star on and give a contract to the other can see Madrid going big this summer after Mbappe snub Salah going there wouldn’t be so crazy think we will hang to Mane