You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I might have misinterpreted your original response then. Could you please clarify the below post?

Yes, sure. The bit where you said I 'believe we would play him before Hendo in that attacking right sided CM role' doesn't exist in my post. What is said in my post was you'd have to question why we'd go after a player, costing a vast amount, wanted badly by Real Madrid, if he is not good enough to get ahead of Henderson and if we don't think he is good enough to start for Liverpool. Nothing to do with him playing some attacking right sided role you've credited me with believing. 

What I believe is that if we go after a 100m player, coveted by some of the world's biggest clubs, is that we have a plan to actually play him (whether that's in a different shaped midfield, or instead of Henderson when he plays the 6, or whatever else) otherwise we'd be grossly incompetent and Klopp and the backroom staff would have to be sacked for sabotaging the club by buying 100m of player they don't actually want to play. Given that I've got eyes and I've seen what has happened in the past few, I suspect we have a plan to play him. I think it's probably up to you to argue why we'd pay so much money for a player we don't think is good enough to actually play. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's increasing smoke of Mané to Bayern. With Mbappe not going to Madrid and Lewandowski leaving Bayern, there might be options opening up for Mané or Salah to leave.

if we let Mane go to Bayern, we simply have to buy a central striker. 

i wont pretend i know the best players in europe, but that Darwin Nunez certainly looked handy and knew where the was against us. 

41 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

So there's been no negotiations between us and Bayern but the transfer fee is probably less than 50 million euros. Good to know we apparently have no say in what the transfer fee is.

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Gnabry wants stupid wages as well. 

Apparently asking for 260k a week. 

It's not too far from numbers we would pay, certainly cheaper than Mane and Salah will ask for. Add to that he's only just about to turn 27 and is a 1 in 3 goalscorer. 

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It's not too far from numbers we would pay, certainly cheaper than Mane and Salah will ask for. Add to that he's only just about to turn 27 and is a 1 in 3 goalscorer. 

I would question why Bayern don't think he's worth the investment at 27 years old.

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

giphy (39).gif

There might be some truth in the sadio leaving links. I know he’s settled a few long term outstanding debts recently and there was a few stories coming out a few months back when he was out of form that he’d asked to leave in the summer. 

Out of all of them, he’s be the one I’d look to keep 

Tend to think Salah stays now, even if just for the final year of his contract. Can’t think of any links we've had to right sided forwards.

Madrid and Barca have finally realised that throwing huge transfer fees at players around 30 isn't wise, and PSG are keeping Mbappe now so won't really need him. Don't see how anyone would offer what he's worth to us when he could be on a free soon.

10 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Wonder if this is why we’ve been stalling on the contracts

We are in the top 2/3 clubs in the world of course wev would meet and talk with Mbappe and Haaland too its just were not breaking our wage structure to pay the crazy money needed to land those 2