You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

3 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

its more the faux outrage when everyone knows they aint got no power there

They literally held one of the two biggest clubs in Spain to account which resulted in  them losing their best player (a player that was the biggest pull in La Liga) to enforce their own fair play rules.

That's more than most leagues have done.

12 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

They literally held one of the two biggest clubs in Spain to account which resulted in  them losing their best player (a player that was the biggest pull in La Liga) to enforce their own fair play rules.

That's more than most leagues have done.

Mbappe is French player playing for a French club what next if Spurs refuse to sell Kane to Madrid/Barca they will fire off a letter to EUFA

Just now, bizzle10 said:

Mbappe is French player playing for a French club what next if Spurs refuse to sell Kane to Madrid/Barca they will fire off a letter to EUFA

They aren't doing it because a French club refused to sell Mbappe.

Nothing will come of the La Liga statement but IMO in Spain they have started to realise that football needs to be competitive & fairer.  It will never be remotely equal but their new measures have gone quite a way to try and bridge the gap between the have's & have nots with a fairer share of the money and by cutting down on loss making clubs, they basically forced Barca to sell Messi because they failed to meet new the stricter financial requirements. 

• Upvote 1

Real and Barcelona have both realised, even with their reputations, they can’t compete with state backed teams and so LaLiga have started to push FFP or similar controls to try and keep them competitive. If they both fall away, so does their whole league, unless they too get taken over by oil barons or similar, which would be difficult given they’re “owned” by their fans. It’s one of the reasons why they were keen on the whole ESL project as it gave the teams involved some protection against sports washing owners and allowed them to remain in the elite.

I just have a sneaky feeling that Ward is going to absolutely RINSE Madrid for Salah this summer.

I don't think that would have been the plan, originally, but if they come and offer over 100m you can bet it will be considered for sure.

I'm not that worried about it as I would bet on us replacing him very well with the money, and maybe getting younger, which would be a bonus. What would worry me is if we have really settled on Tchouameni, which from the sounds of it we are targeting him pretty strongly, and Madrid come back in for him with a pile of money now that Mbappe isn't happening. That would be a bigger concern to the long-term squad development IMO, as I think he's the perfect player to improve our midfield.

After how the Hazard signing turned out I doubt they’ve spend £100m plus on a 30 year old.  More likely they’ll go for Tchouameni now they have the money..

It's a shame Mbappe the little twat didn’t let Madrid know sooner they may have signed Haarland.

3 hours ago, J-V said:

After how the Hazard signing turned out I doubt they’ve spend £100m plus on a 30 year old.  More likely they’ll go for Tchouameni now they have the money..

It's a shame Mbappe the little twat didn’t let Madrid know sooner they may have signed Haarland.

Aren’t PSG and Man City owned by the same people? I can see a joint venture to get Haaland and retain Mbappe.

We all know the predictable links to Mo and Sadio will be running rife this week in the lead up to the final.

Started already with Madrid apparently targeting them both.

I think one will definitely leave and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see one going to Madrid.

No doubt Ward will get a huge deal and we’ll replace whoever goes very well, this summer is huge for the club with contract situations of these two amongst others.

12 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Not even sure Osimhen is that good, but he'll be under contract for a long time. He only went to Napoli last summer. Arsenal's transfer dealings are pretty consistently dumb, I wouldn't judge anything by the prices they pay.

Osimhen went to Napoli two summers ago.