You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

37 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Doesn’t look much cop on the ball there. Pace and power though. Put him on the bench for 6 months to learn from Fabinho.

I don’t think he’ll be here to learn the Fabinho role. He’ll be here to run through teams. Like a Bissouma but with a higher ceiling.

8 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

That lad is only 19, built like a brick shit house and seems to be quite two footed to. 

After 6 months of working with our coaches everyone will be saying he's the player that pogba should have been. 

He's 22

14 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

That lad is only 19, built like a brick shit house and seems to be quite two footed to. 

After 6 months of working with our coaches everyone will be saying he's the player that pogba should have been. 

Not going to happen, but our management would have Pogba playing as the player Pogba should have been within a few months. He was very good at times in the right role with Juventus and France. 

18 minutes ago, John102 said:

One of those 'Welcome to Liverpool' videos gives him a 3/10 for injury proneness. I have always struggled with this on football manager. Is a low injury proneness score good or bad?

On FM a low number for injury proneness is good. *

Whether that applies to youtube videos I do not know though.

* Additionally, low numbers for controversy and dirtiness are also good. But every other mental stat you want a high number. 

1 minute ago, Chairman Meow said:

On FM a low number for injury proneness is good. *

Whether that applies to youtube videos I do not know though.

* Additionally, a low number for controversy is also good. But every other mental stat you want a high number. 

Now you mention it, FM have a scale of 20 and this video had a scale of 10. There is no too much uncertainty around his injury record for me now and for that reason i say pull the plug on this deal.

From what I've read and seen of him on YouTube, he's not the most refined player but he's been targeted to play as the right sided 8 to contain teams with power and athleticism. It looks like the plan is to revert more to the relentless pressure cooker style we had in the title winning teams where we were less flashy but didn't let teams in the game at all.

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

Is he reliable @Arnaud @3 Stacks?

Not really. He's been a contributor on big football shows in France, but he's Belgian for starters and focuses on that football, so what he knows about a French Monaco player specifically more than others, I'm not sure. 

That said, there is loads of smoke about Tchouameni to us from loads of French sources, so there is likely something in it at this point. 

51 minutes ago, Em City said:

From what I've read and seen of him on YouTube, he's not the most refined player but he's been targeted to play as the right sided 8 to contain teams with power and athleticism. It looks like the plan is to revert more to the relentless pressure cooker style we had in the title winning teams where we were less flashy but didn't let teams in the game at all.

I think a good comparison for our interest in Tchouameni is Wijnaldum actually. When we bought him, people didn't really know where he would fit in. Would he be a #10, or what. Turns out we simply bought him because he had qualities we could exploit in midfield. Tchouameni is the same. Does he on the surface fit great in our 4-3-3? Not really, he's not as attacking as you would want right now for that advanced number 8 role, but he has physical and technical qualities we can use. As you say, power, athleticism and then pressing. And his offensive game, I wouldn't be surprised if we think he can really improve there. He's been improving in that area every year. He doesn't totally fit us, but I think there's little chance he would be bad. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Not going to happen, but our management would have Pogba playing as the player Pogba should have been within a few months. He was very good at times in the right role with Juventus and France. 

Exactly, he played  for France in the Pogba’s position. He was very good I was said.

He’s not coming to be Fab’s back-up, he’s coming to challenge Hendo I believe. 

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not really. He's been a contributor on big football shows in France, but he's Belgian for starters and focuses on that football, so what he knows about a French Monaco player specifically more than others, I'm not sure. 

That said, there is loads of smoke about Tchouameni to us from loads of French sources, so there is likely something in it at this point. 

The highest souce was Grégoire Margotton by a tweet the other day, and he knows everything and every one in French football, and he’s a big red !

5 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

The highest souce was Grégoire Margotton by a tweet the other day, and he knows everything and every one in French football, and he’s a big red !

Yeah, I think our interest is pretty clear from sources in France. 

12 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Never heard of the cunt as we say here….

Tavolieri was a contributor on l'After for a bit, if I remember. But it was for Belgian football. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I think our interest is pretty clear from sources in France. 

Tavolieri was a contributor on l'After for a bit, if I remember. But it was for Belgian football. 

Ah ok, i don’t watch that, it’s tabloid  level, so I would say the guy has no clue.