You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Don't think we'll sign this player in particular but doing Port a solid by giving them 6 million before any deal for Diaz was completed to prevent them from being banned from Europe was a smart bit of business.

The Portuguese links at the club now won't hurt either.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I won't pretend to say I watch it, 

But for some reason, the players that come from the Portuguese league tend to settle in quickly to the standard and pace of the Premier league, the same cant be said for the German, Italian and even the Spanish league

The Portuguese league might be low on quality but it's surprisingly physical, the refs there don't try and turn the game into a non-contact sport like some of the Spanish and German refs do. Also the northern parts of Portugal can get a truly miserable amount of rain in winter so it might be less of an issue moving to rainy cold Britain after playing there.

Just now, cloggypop said:

Still this shite. Stop it. He's not a number 10 you bad blert. His "natural position" is midfield. 

Ardja has been on this site years. He hasn't ever changed his view on anything, ever, no matter how much evidence - like a players entire career - says something else. He still thinks Harry Maguire is a good purchase. Fair fucks to the guy. He ain't for turning. Him and Barry Wom need to mix DNA. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Still this shite. Stop it. He's not a number 10 you bad blert. His "natural position" is midfield. 

I respectfully disagree. So does he.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/390586-georginio-wijnaldum-interview-development-jurgen-klopp

My development since I came to Liverpool has been good,” he said. “I have become more of an all-round player.

“I was used to playing in a very attacking role and only in attack. Since the World Cup with [Louis] van Gaal [in 2014], I have had a more controlling role in midfield and that went well. After that, I didn’t play that role again, at PSV or Newcastle.

“When I spoke with Klopp, he saw me in a more defensive role, where I needed to be an all-rounder. It’s not always easy as I am used to attacking, but it has helped in my development. I am a more complete player now than I was when I arrived.”

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Ardja has been on this site years. He hasn't ever changed his view on anything, ever, no matter how much evidence - like a players entire career - says something else. He still thinks Harry Maguire is a good purchase. Fair fucks to the guy. He ain't for turning. Him and Barry Wom need to mix DNA. 

This is not right. There are loads of players I started of not being overly convinced by but now I rate quite highly e.g., Matip, Keita, Salah, Gini.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

This is not right. There are loads of players I started of not being overly convinced by but now I rate quite highly e.g., Matip, Keita, Salah, Gini.

Yeah, that's true; I retract my blanket statement and only apply it to your entrenched positions. Though Keita is a weird one. He looked fucking awesome and has been underwhelming. Nice to know you rate Salah 'quite highly' now though. 

14 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Been banging the drum for this kid for a while. He turned down Everton last summer now seems nailed on to go to City. The Portuguese league has some fantastic players, one of the many reasons Jurgen said it was his favourite league to watch.

B14DAADB-6B27-4999-9736-84B59EBD1A47.jpeg

Who is he?

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

The Portuguese league might be low on quality but it's surprisingly physical, the refs there don't try and turn the game into a non-contact sport like some of the Spanish and German refs do. Also the northern parts of Portugal can get a truly miserable amount of rain in winter so it might be less of an issue moving to rainy cold Britain after playing there.

It's funny you mention the weather, I did a job in a restaurant recently and one of the chefs was from northern Portugal, I was asking him about the weather and he said it was way worse than Ireland. In the winter, it's non stop rain and in the summer, it's too bloody hot. 

The heat part didn't suprise me, but the rain did

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The aRdja natural position thing is the best troll on this forum. He gets people every time with it, including me. 

You’re a few years behind when it comes to really understanding The Ardj. It took me a good 10 years to understand he wasn’t actually taking the piss. He really believes it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

You are a touchy cunt though ,  to be fair though Stacksy

Maybe, but I don't react to that one with aggression because I like aRdja. 

But when he says the words "natural position", it never fails to make people react. It's funny. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Maybe, but I don't react to that one with aggression because I like aRdja. 

But when he says the words "natural position", it never fails to make people react. It's funny. 

I don’t care where he plays. As far as I’m concerned there’s no “natural position” - like Milner, you can play up front one day and in the back the next. 

It’s all good as long as you’re enjoying the game. 

9 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You’re a few years behind when it comes to really understanding The Ardj. It took me a good 10 years to understand he wasn’t actually taking the piss. He really believes it.

No one can truly say what aRdja believes.

He's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside tiny women's gloves.

• Upvote 3