You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I don't think Son is that much better or worse than a great many players in the league when it comes to snideyness. Where I take exception to him is that he seems to have this nice guy image because he looks dead happy when Spurs score, which is completely mad. But that would make fuck all difference to the culture of the club.

We aren't fucking signing him though.

Transfer season has officially started, twitter journo quoting SI, quoting the Mirror, quoting something called Wapnaija news which looks like some weird Nigerian based aggregate site.

If Paul Joyce is one end of a spectrum this might be the other.

That Fabio Vieira has great pedigree. Won player of the tournament at the U21 Euros and has put up some great stats this season in the Portuguese League.

Who knows if the interest or that fee is real, though. It looks too good to be true. It's low.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

That Fabio Vieira has great pedigree. Won player of the tournament at the U21 Euros and has put up some great stats this season in the Portuguese League.

Who knows if the interest or that fee is real, though. It looks too good to be true. It's low.

Probably as we’ll need to pony up three times that to a Portuguese hedge fund which really own his registration.

I’d suggest that a re-re-recycled story presented by the EDITOR IN CHIEF of a blag footy transfer rumour twitter page might not be too reliable. 

Not saying there’s no interest on our part because he seems very much a player who fits our profile of target but a first refusal on a low fee makes no sense whatsoever. At least Indykaila is funny.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Portuguese league is shit though right?

17 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The Portuguese league is shit though right?

It's not great. Doesn't mean you scoff at buying good young players from there if they're meant to be only costing 12m.

I think when you buy from a league like that, they have a great track record of talented players, but their performance in that league is possibly not something that people should take as replicable.

But also, sometimes you have freaks like Diaz that are must-buy's. I suppose there's no hard fast rule. Whether a player fits your style of play is more important than what league they come from anyway.

40 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He looks like a number 10. For a team who don’t play with an AM/number 10, we sure do like to collect them.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/394924/Show/Fábio-Vieira

Bernardo Silva played on the right in a 4-4-2 for Monaco. I don't think City thought they had to play him in the exact same position and formation when they bought him, for example.

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Bernardo Silva played on the right in a 4-4-2 for Monaco. I don't think City thought they had to play him in the exact same position and formation when they bought him, for example.

I have no issues with it. Just found it a bit odd. Since Klopp arrived Gini, Shaq, Elliott, Taki, Carvalho, and now Vieira. 

The Portuguese league is boss as it is almost like a clearing house for raw South American/African talent as well as young talented Portuguese players who will get sold on for a profit. They have less stringent visa restrictions so can sign pretty much whoever they want from Brazil/Colombia etc.

It's just that it is dominated by the big three clubs because it it such a small country. You get the odd success story outside of them like Braga or Boavista every now and again. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The Portuguese league is boss as it is almost like a clearing house for raw South American/African talent as well as young talented Portuguese players who will get sold on for a profit. They have less stringent visa restrictions so can sign pretty much whoever they want from Brazil/Colombia etc.

It's just that it is dominated by the big three clubs because it it such a small country. You get the odd success story outside of them like Braga or Boavista every now and again. 

I won't pretend to say I watch it, 

But for some reason, the players that come from the Portuguese league tend to settle in quickly to the standard and pace of the Premier league, the same cant be said for the German, Italian and even the Spanish league