You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

4 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Maybe it's a confirmation bias of sorts, being Scottish, but he looks like Andy Robbo did at that age, with a similar shape of face, and rosy cheeks on a chiselled jawline.

image.png

That is, ironically, taken from a piece on the Echo highlighting why Everton should beat West Ham to his signature, in 2014.

Bad look when even the Echo are better at scouting decisions than your own manager and board

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-reasons-everton-fc-should-7364494

On 14/05/2022 at 09:35, El Dangerous said:

Kane is a Tory helmet. He can be good at football at Spurs or somewhere not Liverpool. I’d take a team of Suarez’s and Son’s over that ready salted shitbag.

Outstanding 

I actually hate him a little bit less with his new haircut. He's still a proper cunt though. 

On 14/05/2022 at 18:35, El Dangerous said:

Kane is a Tory helmet. He can be good at football at Spurs or somewhere not Liverpool. I’d take a team of Suarez’s and Son’s over that ready salted shitbag.

Players politics matter very little IMO. Kane is a better footballer than Son, and he’s not as prone to cheating as Son. Consider the potential impact of Son and his cheating on our younger players. We wouldn’t want Elliott or Jones to start copying him like Gordon does Richarlison across the park for example.

• Upvote 1

On 14/05/2022 at 09:41, Bruce Spanner said:

I assume the £8m is just to have exclusivity in initial talks?

£40m and we start listening, they gave us £20m for Ibe and Solanke, £40m for Big Nat is the minimum they should be looking to up, stupid fucks.

If Jack Grealish went for £100 million then Big Nat is at least £150 million.

11 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If Jack Grealish went for £100 million then Big Nat is at least £150 million.

Easily.

I think the problem we have now is that his colossal performances have priced him out of a move as nobody can afford him, or are throwing their money at lesser talents.

He's now in that exalted bracket with things like the Mona Lisa, Waterlilies, Starry Night, Gurnica, The Everton Cuckoo Clock and the roof of the Sistine Chapel in being legitimately priceless and having no real value beyond his worth to humanity.

Shame.

18 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I like Bowen but can’t see us buying another wide attacking player, certainly not one who’d command a hell of a fee being English. West Ham would rinse us. 

One potential saving grace is he’s yet to win a cap, so there’s very little hype around him at present. His playing style tho effective also isn’t easy on the eye, he doesn’t have the most polished technique unlike Sancho for example. As such, I don’t see him going for anywhere near £50m for example. 

On 14/05/2022 at 15:35, El Dangerous said:

So how do you feel about Allison being a Bolsonaro supporter?

23 minutes ago, aRdja said:

One potential saving grace is he’s yet to win a cap, so there’s very little hype around him at present. His playing style tho effective also isn’t easy on the eye, he doesn’t have the most polished technique unlike Sancho for example. As such, I don’t see him going for anywhere near £50m for example. 

Disagree. There’s plenty of hype around him and he would go for more than that unless his contract situation makes a difference. 

44 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He's in great form, plays for a club that doesn't need to sell, and will no doubt soon start getting England caps.

If he goes, it'll be £50m if it's a penny. I'd bet your life on it.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

So how do you feel about Allison being a Bolsonaro supporter?

*googles Bolsonaro*
I don’t know the first thing about South American politics so it would be foolish of me to comment on those players’ political allegiances but anyone who supports the suppression and mistreatment of the underclasses is a helmet and that’s a universal principal true of all people, Liverpool players or not. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Players politics matter very little IMO. Kane is a better footballer than Son, and he’s not as prone to cheating as Son. Consider the potential impact of Son and his cheating on our younger players. We wouldn’t want Elliott or Jones to start copying him like Gordon does Richarlison across the park for example.

Wow approaching a subject like an adult instead of shouting Tory cunt like 13 year old schoolboys

Had a couple of hours to dwell on this and I'd go one further, Kane is the only player in the premier league who intentionally endangers players safety on a regular basis and is rewarded for it with free kicks and penalties against the players he's trying to injure.

He could have seriously injured Lallana, Cresswell, Gabriel he tried to do it to Henderson but because Henderson didn't jump Kane ended up injuring himself.

37 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Had a couple of hours to dwell on this and I'd go one further, Kane is the only player in the premier league who intentionally endangers players safety on a regular basis and is rewarded for it with free kicks and penalties against the players he's trying to injure.

He could have seriously injured Lallana, Cresswell, Gabriel he tried to do it to Henderson but because Henderson didn't jump Kane ended up injuring himself.

Son did a revenge tackle and broke a players ankle. 

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Son did a revenge tackle and broke a players ankle. 

41 minutes ago, TD_LFC said: