You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Kane and Son would both be phenomenal for us. 

Personally, I don’t think Son is any better than what we already have in Salah, Diaz and Mane. 

I think Kane would be such a success, he’d win the Ballon d'Or the playing for us. That’s not a joke, I genuinely believe it.

Even at 28/29, he’d be brilliant for 3/4 seasons. Like the mancs signing Van Persie. 

They’ll never happen though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/05/2022 at 00:30, Red Shift said:

Keita looked world class In the Bundesliga, but it didn’t transmute to the Premier League. There’s no guarantees with Haaland.

Battle of the planets cap doff

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Kane and Son would both be phenomenal for us. 

Personally, I don’t think Son is any better than what we already have in Salah, Diaz and Mane. 

I think Kane would be such a success, he’d win the Ballon d'Or the playing for us. That’s not a joke, I genuinely believe it.

Even at 28/29, he’d be brilliant for 3/4 seasons. Like the mancs signing Van Persie. 

They’ll never happen though.

Salah hasn't won the Ballon D'or with us, Kane definitely wouldn't.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near us.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I assume the £8m is just to have exclusivity in initial talks?

£40m and we start listening, they gave us £20m for Ibe and Solanke, £40m for Big Nat is the minimum they should be looking to pony up, stupid fucks.

george-bush-fool.gif

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I assume the £8m is just to have exclusivity in initial talks?

£40m and we start listening, they gave us £20m for Ibe and Solanke, £40m for Big Nat is the minimum they should be looking to pony up, stupid fucks.

Its probably because we rinsed them over those signings that we've offered Big Nat for 8m , seriously it's nowhere near enough though 

On 14/05/2022 at 10:03, TD_LFC said:

Salah hasn't won the Ballon D'or with us, Kane definitely wouldn't.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near us.

Salah was up against Messi & Ronaldo. Kane wouldn’t be.

I think people are letting their view of Kane being a slobbering goon is getting in their way of what a brilliant player he is.

Anyhoo, it’s not a hill I’m going to die on as he’ll never sign for us. 

It's pointless as no way are we even thinking of signing him. He would want the same wages Salah does,before you look at the fee for a player his age. 

Thet could easily tweak the system to suit him but that would screw with games when we press high. He can't do that well anymore. But you could just about guarantee he would ha e nabbed a couple of goals for us yesterday in them attacks in tbe first 20 mins

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Liverpool interested in Jobe Bellingham allegedly.

If you were gonna make a push for Jude Bellingham next season that would be a decent first step.

Apparently Jude has said he’s not leaving Dortmund this summer.

I see Jobe hasn’t signed a professional contract yet, could we force a free transfer or tribunal? Although given the way Jude has been keen to make sure Birmingham got the best deal for him, it’s maybe unlikely he’ll stiff them. 

He’s not 17 until September. He’d likely get more experience staying there for another season anyway.

I think this kid should be our first priority this summer. He looks really good. He's strong for a 19 year old, quick, good defensively, has a left foot, can shoot and dribble. Also he has experience of playing English/British style football, so he won't need to adapt as much. I think he'd be brilliant for us and give us the cover we desperately need for Trent. Hope we get him

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I think this kid should be our first priority this summer. He looks really good. He's strong for a 19 year old, quick, good defensively, has a left foot, can shoot and dribble. Also he has experience of playing English/British style football, so he won't need to adapt as much. I think he'd be brilliant for us and give us the cover we desperately need for Trent. Hope we get him

Can use both feet, I'm in.

It's amazing how good we are, and yet have some glaring holes that you'd think would push us on more. 

Someone who can score from free kicks

An attacking midfielder who can score 10+

A number 9 who can score 30+

All this talk of Haaland pushing City on, and yet we're just as likely to push on ourselves