You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

Hope you have your tin helmet on, Colonel, I said that Kane would be great for us a few weeks back and got battered.

I don't think you got battered, people just didn't agree with you.

He's not going anywhere this summer anyway, that ridiculous contract he signed plus the Levy factor means he would cost an unbelievable amount of money.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I don't think you got battered, people just didn't agree with you.

He's not going anywhere this summer anyway, that ridiculous contract he signed plus the Levy factor means he would cost an unbelievable amount of money.

Shit ankles too

6 hours ago, coachpotato said:

If we’re going to sign a cunt, it might as well be Son, I can’t help but think he’d do very well for us and Klopp always seems to give him an extra friendly bear hug when we play them.

He'd be a far, far better signing than Kane.

Both a pair of complete and utter wanks though.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

What’s his attitude like? Works his socks off and plays great. What am I missing? Is it more than shithousery?

He’s a serial diver and real snide. I don’t think the league has seen a bigger cheat than Son. 

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

That’s just one example. 

99% of players dive & cheat now, although he's particularly bad, I don't think we should be ruling potential signings out because of it.

Suarez was the biggest cunt going and he didn't work out too badly.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mook said:

99% of players dive & cheat now, although he's particularly bad, I don't think we should be ruling potential signings out because of it.

Suarez was the biggest cunt going and he didn't work out too badly.

For me it’s less to do on what he’d do on the pitch more on his influence in and around the club. Take Everton as an example, we can clearly see how the likes of Richarlison and Allan have rubbed off on young Anthony Gordon by the way he throws himself to the ground every chance he gets. We don’t want that for our young players. 

Feels like a bit of a stretch to say Son would poison the club tbh. Yeah he can be a tit on the pitch but outside of that never seen a bad word around attitude, influence etc and would probably say more about us if any of that was allowed to seriously impact players in the group if it came to fruition. Klopp clearly holds him in high regard as well. Will never happen anyway but would have snapped your hand off for him hypothetically.

We need to bring age profile of squad down.

Likes of Son and Kane won't do that....appreciate they are very good players and very unlikely signings anyway.

We do need an inhection of quality players between around 23-26 age though IMO.

A good chunk of our key men/spine are in that 30 plus age group.

VVD: 31 before next season starts

Hendo: 32 before next season starts

Firmino: 31 early next season

Matip: 31 before next season starts

Thiago: 31 recently

Mane: 30 recently

Salah: 30 before next season starts

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, an tha said:

We need to bring age profile of squad down.

Likes of Son and Kane won't do that....appreciate they are very good players and very unlikely signings anyway.

We do need an inhection of quality players between around 23-26 age though IMO.

A good chunk of our key men/spine are in that 30 plus age group.

VVD: 31 before next season starts

Hendo: 32 before next season starts

Firmino: 31 early next season

Matip: 31 before next season starts

Thiago: 31 recently

Mane: 30 recently

Salah: 30 before next season starts

Yeah those are the positions we need to think about, some we have already like Konate, Diaz