You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, redheart said:

Salah is a goner.

I also think that we have seen the best of him. Anywhere else he goes he will not be as good as he has been for the last few years

6 months ago i would have said no chance now im starting to think we will move him on not sure how we replace him though

The £100m is pie in the sky stuff. Thiago left Bayern at a similar age and contract situation, we paid 20m. If the Sadio rumours are true then that's your figure right there. Salah is more marketable than those 2 but in terms of ability or even output you're not talking 5 times, it will be a lot closer to 2.5 times. I've said all along the most likely outcome is he walks for free, that's still alright by me, get his best years and leave him off like Gini.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Wonder how much Haaland is really getting paid at city. 

It's the signing on fee paid to the agents and his dad that will inc the extra wages abd will be paid off the books

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Wonder how much Haaland is really getting paid at city. 

The 375 000 mentioned is probably a good estimate of half his actual salary. Klopp already mentioned the sums they were talking about were completely unrealistic for us (and most on here think Mo's asking for something similar to what Haaland is reportedly getting). 

There's just no way De Bruyne (or Guardiola) are on what they post in their books either. There's not a single link from any of their best players to any of the bigger, historical clubs around (nor their Parisian equivalent). Reason for that? They keep their players (and their agents) extremely happy!

Football is fucked. Big time. By far the best Liverpool in my lifetime, and we have to deal with shit like this. I'm fairly pessimistic for the future of our society as a whole, but the football business is probably top 5 of all rotten businesses around. Crooks and vultures everywhere, and people looking the other way as long as they get their share of the wealth.

Over to the GF golf thread to discuss the Saudi league (shudder...)

45 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Don’t know if he’s reliable or not. 

C868343F-9A24-4A3A-9F48-B9F4DC9D7C8D.png

He’s a well respected man, he’s the commentator for L’Equipe de France’s game on TF1 along with Lzzarazu. A very good tv journalist.

He’s a Liverpool fan, and happens to hang around the cross of  Saint George’s pub we’ve talked about in the Paris thread.

It does not mean he’s an Itk guy but he obviously knows everybody in French football. He used to work for canal +.

• Upvote 4

Sounds like the player really wants the move. Guess we'll see if we want it and if we can do the deal.

Looks to be more of a signing based on potential than immediate first team contributions though. Wonder if we're prepared to pay £50m-odd for a lad who isn't getting a game ahead of Thiago or Fabinho for the next three years.

Rotating four quality players (and Keita) for the midfield three would give Tchouameni plenty of games.

We spent nigh on £40m for Konate, and he's not guaranteed a start. Young players who'll grow to be starters are needed to bring the age of the squad down in key areas. Tchoo-Tchoo ticks the boxes.

*hope he's good, I've never seen him play

If it wasn't for the pandemic, one of Salah, Mane and Firmino would be gone already.  They are all over 30 and it would be madness to allow our forward line age like that without significant change.  At least one will go, and that's the right decision.     

22 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Rotating four quality players (and Keita) for the midfield three would give Tchouameni plenty of games.

We spent nigh on £40m for Konate, and he's not guaranteed a start. Young players who'll grow to be starters are needed to bring the age of the squad down in key areas. Tchoo-Tchoo ticks the boxes.

*hope he's good, I've never seen him play

He’s been the best player in the league bar M’Bappé for 2 years. He’s more and more influential and he’s almost a starting player for France.

I never watch Monaco, who would right ? But every one I know agrees on his current quality, potential.

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's probably between us and Real Madrid for him. If they can't sign him for whatever reason, I think we'll get him. 

I’m looking forward to his signing, if only for the back and forth between you and Barrington Womble after every game. Now that Thiago has proven his class, the forum needs something/someone new.