You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

Twitter flutes saying we that scouts there and he apparently met klopp some time recently to. 

Did Klopp seduce him with a rides on the Pepsi Max Big One, Valhalla and a donkey?

22 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

There's something about Haaland, and it might be wishful thinking, that makes me think that if he's not careful he could burn out quicker than people would expect.

He’s certainly injured a lot. Maybe a touch of Michael Owen?

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

He’s certainly injured a lot. Maybe a touch of Michael Owen?

Maybe that's what's making me think of it.

Might just be Gerrard style growing pains but he has quite a heavy frame, is quick and has quite a heavy running style. Couple that with lots of football at an early age.

Gareth Bale had a similar style where his pace wasn't the graceful glide of a Torres but was more like a train that had to get up to speed.

Still a great signing for whoever get's him and will score loads of goals.

18 minutes ago, Trumo said:

£150,000 a week salary, plus £350,000 a week to be the shit emojis ambassador for some fictitious Abu Dhabi-based club sponsor.

Ha. 

Honestly though, who is dumb enough to sign Pogba?

What has be done in the last 6 years to justify a fee of £90m and >£300k per week? He’s obviously a talented player, but he’s a complete tit. He’s got to be one of the worst signings in football history. The complete anti-thesis of money ball.

I’d only endorse signing him on a pay as you play basis where Klopp gets to decide how much to pay him based on training, attitude and match performance. 

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d only endorse signing him on a pay as you play basis where Klopp gets to decide how much to pay him based on training, attitude and match performance. 

He'd end up having to pay us 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Who do we think might be leaving in the summer? Aside from the obvious ones:

Keita

Gomez

Tsimikas 

Firmino

I'm not saying I want any of them to leave just that they might for one reason or another.

None of them.

Tsimikas won't leave. I can't see Firmino, Keita leaving either. Keita will need to sign a new contract or should be sold.  As long as we replace him I wouldn't lose sleep over him being sold anyway.

I wouldn't sell Gomez for anything under £50m plus he's English so would rather keep him anyway.

53 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Keita

Gomez

Tsimikas

Firmino

I'm not saying I want any of them to leave just that they might for one reason or another.

Salah

55 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Keita

Gomez

Tsimikas

Firmino

Talk today that the club will offer gomez a new long term deal this summer

A fast aggressive box to box midfielder who can track and stop a runner into our box and can spot the danger man standing unmarked and negating him instead of running to where the threat has just left or standing watching him from 10 yards outside our box.

Basically someone who can do what Henderson just cannot do. 

With Ox, Minamino going and Milner staying on to run the dressing room, id add another midfielder who can score, create and take a decent free kick. 

Elliott, & the new kid are nowhere ready for what we need yet and we shouldn’t be having to rely on them next season. I’d look to loan them & Curtis out to someone like Palace or Villa to get experience from midfield greats in teams who’ll have a go rather than relegation fodder.

• Upvote 1