You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Tchouameni and Bellamy two players I've never seen play but all the cool kids who watch neither the French or German leagues love them and that's enough for me. Rice can fuck off hes not even Chinese.

Think you’ve missed the boat with Bellamy.

13 hours ago, Red74 said:

Declan Rice has turned into a player of real quality. Always in the right position to pick up the ball and never looks panicked. 

The difference between him and Henderson whose regressed back to the old days of being nervous wreck with the ball at his feet and his back to play is eye opening. 

No way will we pay what Wham want but if we did, I’d go for him before Bellingham.

I agree he looks a complete player now, but I don't see a world where Moyes sanctions that sale to us. 

52 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rice is very good but might get sunk by his transfer fee and if he choses the wrong club.

People aren't indulgent to players who cost a lot of money who don't become clearly world class.

Only for Martin O'Neill not giving the little turncoat a competitive cap, we'd get him for a fiver. 

Decent player, but the English tax is outrageous, much better deals out there throughout Europe 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Only for Martin O'Neill not giving the little turncoat a competitive cap, we'd get him for a fiver. 

Decent player, but the English tax is outrageous, much better deals out there throughout Europe 

Could have had Jack Grealish and Declan Rice playing for Ireland. Fuck Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane.

33 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I know the feeling. Canada have lost some good players to England as well. Notably Tomori, recently, who doesn't even get picked.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I know the feeling. Canada have lost some good players to England as well. Notably Tomori, recently, who doesn't even get picked.

Is that the centre half with ac Milan? 

In fairness to declan rice, I know for a fact, he was in the treatment room, along with Harry Arthur from Bournemouth (at the time). 

At that stage we (Ireland) where on a shocking run and O'Neill was on his way out. 

Roy Keane entered the treatment room and started throwing abuse at Arthur for being injured, and basically called him English. 

Rice was only 18-19, he's in an international team that's doing shit and then he's witnessing that kind of behaviour. I don't blame him for walking. 

10 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Tomori should be getting games for England. I was hoping we'd be in for him, before we signed Konate. Seems a bit bizarre that, out of all the positions, Southgate is pretty poor at picking defenders.

He's shit at picking most positions, with the level of talent at his disposal they have a team who doesn't have to act like the underdog when you play most teams  in the top 20 of the FIFA rankings yet still does.