You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

He’s like a young Cavani isn’t he?

Exactly. Cavani at Napoli was my favourite non-Liverpool player for a long time. It still hurts a bit to see him in a United shirt.

13 minutes ago, Em City said:

Exactly. Cavani at Napoli was my favourite non-Liverpool player for a long time. It still hurts a bit to see him in a United shirt.

That's doesn't happen too often, to be fair.

6 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Don’t understand the questions about Nunez. He did it against one of the best teams in the world, but can he do it against Brighton? Well yeah.

I was impressed with his work rate too. He was prepated to track back and do some defensive work and the boy can finish. Would be a good Klopp signing imo.

• Upvote 1

We're pretty well stocked in the attacking department as it stands. He'd be a very good option though if someone else was departing. 

You can't go wrong with an Uruguayan striker.

Agree that a midfielder should be top of our list though. Maybe Kovacic. Can't beat a Croatian midfielder either. 

33 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We're pretty well stocked in the attacking department as it stands. He'd be a very good option though if someone else was departing. 

You can't go wrong with an Uruguayan striker.

Agree that a midfielder should be top of our list though. Maybe Kovacic. Can't beat a Croatian midfielder either. 

Minamino, Big Div and Firmino off the books Nunez in.

I'd consider that an upgrade though we're losing two reserves who barely feature and Firmino who is on the downward, as much as I love him.

You'd then have Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz, Nunez and Ickl Harvey for three front positions, with a couple of stand out kids waiting in the wings for the early rounds of cups.

Then Milner and Ox are most likely off leaving Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, Curtis, Harvey, Carvalho and shiny new MF for the midfield + the good kids.

Ditch Karius and Adrian for some journeyman English keeper to be 3rd choice for quotas.

Keep Neco if we can, if not try and work magic like we have done with the Greek.

Realistically two signing, with Carvalho and a journeyman keeper, while trimming the squad will leave us with potentially the best squad/team we've ever had by any metric with very little spent all things considered.

MonEyBaLLz.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Minamino, Big Div and Firmino off the books Nunez in.

I'd consider that an upgrade though we're losing two reserves who barely feature and Firmino who is on the downward, as much as I love him.

You'd then have Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz, Nunez and Ickl Harvey for three front positions, with a couple of stand out kids waiting in the wings for the early rounds of cups.

Then Milner and Ox are most likely off leaving Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, Curtis, Harvey, Carvalho and shiny new MF for the midfield + the good kids.

Ditch Karius and Adrian for some journeyman English keeper to be 3rd choice for quotas.

Keep Neco if we can, if not try and work magic like we have done with the Greek.

Realisticly two signing, with Carvalho and a journeyman keeper, while trimming the squad will leave us with potentailly the best squad/team we've ever had by any metric.

MonEyBaLLz.

Not bad at all!

It also shows that the best business we've done over the last three years has been keeping all our best players. Makes everything else so much easier, even if the reduction in constant arrivals and replacements make the transfer threads on here orbit the earth on their own fume. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not bad at all!

It also shows that the best business we've done over the last three years has been keeping all our best players. Makes everything else so much easier, even if the reduction in constant arrivals and replacements make the transfer threads on here orbit the earth on their own fume. 

It's mad, isn't it?

We've quietly gone about our buisness to the point we're looking at, say, Nunez as a first team player to supplement our already outstanding attack whilst trimming the chaff.

If this is by design its quite brilliant as we're phasing in and out, without spending huge amounts, whilst still being one of, if not the best, team on the planet in the era of state sponsored 'teams'.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

If midfield is the priority, good to get thoughts on which position e.g. ‘8’, ‘6’, type of player and some suggested targets regardless of fee or availability - Many thanks 

Would love an attacking mf personally . Somebody is happy to have a crack at goal from 20 yards out but can also create. No idea who it might be though.

54 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

If midfield is the priority, good to get thoughts on which position e.g. ‘8’, ‘6’, type of player and some suggested targets regardless of fee or availability - Many thanks 

You mean you aren't on board the Tchouameni train yet? Tchou tchou, etc.

Nunez is interesting because he looks like he loses the ball loads, has terrible pass completion, and is probably below the technical level we want, but he has other skills that we look for in forwards. He was making runs all the time coming from the left, he was moving around everywhere, changing positions, had a huge engine, directness, physical skills. He wouldn't seem like a perfect fit for us, but a good one. 

It's just also at a certain point, we don't need anymore right footers who can play left and middle. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nunez is interesting because he looks like he loses the ball loads, has terrible pass completion, and is probably below the technical level we want, but he has other skills that we look for in forwards. He was making runs all the time coming from the left, he was moving around everywhere, changing positions, had a huge engine, directness, physical skills. He wouldn't seem like a perfect fit for us, but a good one. 

It's just also at a certain point, we don't need anymore right footers who can play left and middle. 

Sounds exactly like our forwards 

47 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Sounds exactly like our forwards 

Nunez is at 65% in Portugal and 57% in the Champions League. It's rudimentary, but you can take from that that Benfica go mega direct and or, he's not currently suited to possession play. It would be a change for him. Our forwards are all much higher than that. 

The finish for the disallowed goal in the first half was impressive, when he chipped Allison on the run, that was class.

I don’t like the way he (or any other players for that matter) hits the floor too easily, but that seems to be endemic in professional football today, I’m sure Klopp might attenuate that should he ever sign for him.

Have to say I think he’s good, but then I thought Ollie Watson was too!