You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

14 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

My Celtic season ticket holding mate (not a Irish plastic-Scot supporter - a Glaswegian) is disgusted we’ve got him. Says he’s the best young player they’ve had in decades. He’s a fat, mid 50s proper weegie and lives and breathes Celtic (my mate, not Doak) and knows his stuff. So sounds good 

Is your friend Charlie Adam? 

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just realised what day it is. I hang my head in shame.

I saw one earlier saying “Ronaldo to be player / manager from next season”.

Wasn’t sure how that was different from what it is currently. 

Just reading that Milner’s contract is up at the end of the season. I thought he’d already renewed, but there’s still meant to be an option of an extra year renewal. If he didn’t sign it (and Keita is jibbed off - he probably should be) Eriksen could be a shrewd signing, provided he’s fully over his cardiac issues. 

No fee. Would want high wages, but he’s a very good player and would add a bit of flair to our midfield. 

Liverpool backed to sign Bellingham | The Transfer Tavern (footballtransfertavern.com)

Liverpool: Journalist makes exciting Jude Bellingham claim

Liverpool are more likely to sign Borussia Dortmund star Jude Bellingham than Manchester City this summer, according to Bundesliga journalist Sebastien Kolsberger.

THE LOWDOWN: BELLINGHAM A SPECIAL TALENT

The 18-year-old has emerged as one of the most prodigious players in the world, excelling for Dortmund and also winning 12 caps for England already, with Jordan Henderson drooling over his ability during the most recent international break.

Bellingham has caught the eye with his brilliance in the middle of the park, performing with a maturity beyond his years and being hailed as ‘fantastic’ by the Reds skipper.

The teenager has been linked with an exciting move to Liverpool in the past, and a fresh claim from the German press sounds positive in that respect.

THE LATEST: JOURNALIST MAKES BIG CLAIM

Speaking to Bernabeu Digital [via Sport Witness], Kolsberger claimed that the Reds are favourites to sign Bellingham over City, due to his personality fitting in better with Jurgen Klopp’s team:

“Jude is one of the future stars of the midfield, and all clubs want him. I think after a few years in Germany, he will return to England. Liverpool and Manchester City also want to sign him.

“But Jude is a very emotional player, which is why I think Liverpool have a better chance of signing him.”

THE VERDICT: PERFECT SUMMER SIGNING

In many ways, Bellingham should be the absolute number one transfer target for Liverpool this summer, should Dortmund make him available. He ticks every box when it comes to potentially excelling in this Reds side.

At 18, he has the world at his feet and would come in as a long-term acquisition and he is already good enough to play week in, week out, scoring three times and registering seven assists in the Bundesliga this season.

Midfield is also the key area that Liverpool could do with adding to in the summer and Bellingham’s ability to play as either a deep-lying player or more of a No.8 would enhance Klopp’s options, especially as some of his current crop are now in their 30s.

If Liverpool get a deal done, they could be signing a genuine game-changer – someone who could be a mainstay for club and country for the next ten to 15 years.

35 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Liverpool backed to sign Bellingham | The Transfer Tavern (footballtransfertavern.com)

Liverpool: Journalist makes exciting Jude Bellingham claim

Liverpool are more likely to sign Borussia Dortmund star Jude Bellingham than Manchester City this summer, according to Bundesliga journalist Sebastien Kolsberger.

THE LOWDOWN: BELLINGHAM A SPECIAL TALENT

The 18-year-old has emerged as one of the most prodigious players in the world, excelling for Dortmund and also winning 12 caps for England already, with Jordan Henderson drooling over his ability during the most recent international break.

Bellingham has caught the eye with his brilliance in the middle of the park, performing with a maturity beyond his years and being hailed as ‘fantastic’ by the Reds skipper.

The teenager has been linked with an exciting move to Liverpool in the past, and a fresh claim from the German press sounds positive in that respect.

THE LATEST: JOURNALIST MAKES BIG CLAIM

Speaking to Bernabeu Digital [via Sport Witness], Kolsberger claimed that the Reds are favourites to sign Bellingham over City, due to his personality fitting in better with Jurgen Klopp’s team:

“Jude is one of the future stars of the midfield, and all clubs want him. I think after a few years in Germany, he will return to England. Liverpool and Manchester City also want to sign him.

“But Jude is a very emotional player, which is why I think Liverpool have a better chance of signing him.”

THE VERDICT: PERFECT SUMMER SIGNING

In many ways, Bellingham should be the absolute number one transfer target for Liverpool this summer, should Dortmund make him available. He ticks every box when it comes to potentially excelling in this Reds side.

At 18, he has the world at his feet and would come in as a long-term acquisition and he is already good enough to play week in, week out, scoring three times and registering seven assists in the Bundesliga this season.

Midfield is also the key area that Liverpool could do with adding to in the summer and Bellingham’s ability to play as either a deep-lying player or more of a No.8 would enhance Klopp’s options, especially as some of his current crop are now in their 30s.

If Liverpool get a deal done, they could be signing a genuine game-changer – someone who could be a mainstay for club and country for the next ten to 15 years.

I've seen nothing from Bellingham to suggest he can play as a 6.

Slightly more advanced, maybe.