You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I don't know whether Antony is physically fast enough to play that position for us. He seems to arse about with little flicks and tricks when our forwards are just ruthlessly efficient and direct. Even Firmino - who's obviously very skilful doesn't do skills for the sake of it. He seems the opposite of what we'd go for. 

3 hours ago, Boss said:

In other news, Barca have tabled their first offer for Raphinha. Maybe we've looked at him and Antony and decided to go for the latter. 

If Leeds stay up, Raphinha’s release clause is c.£60m.

If Leeds go down, Raphinha’s release clause is c.£25m.

If Antony is c.£33m, then I can see why we’ve potentially prioritised him. I bet we’d shift Leeds went down.

Dunno where Barca are getting c.£60m from, they can’t even afford Adama Traore.

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

I'm waiting....

Well, that's the thing; so TD found that for Antony and then also, I've seen @Ne Moe Imya post some shot location stats before, but I don't know if there's somewhere you could see that for every player. Be nice if there was, but I doubt it. Would be a nice thing to see because I imagine it's one of the most valuable insights out there to determine the quality of attacking players.

Linked with Gavi again as he has turned down a deal for a 3rd time. Same with the CB Araújo. Maybe Gomez out and this lad in with Joe wanting away. 

Barcelona linked with Salah. 

If he doesn't sign a new deal I wonder if some sort of deal will be done. I'd love to get Gavi in,looks a right talent. 

The Dortmund talks with Adeyemi broke down so could be another to watch. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Linked with Gavi again as he has turned down a deal for a 3rd time. Same with the CB Araújo. Maybe Gomez out and this lad in with Joe wanting away. 

Barcelona linked with Salah. 

If he doesn't sign a new deal I wonder if some sort of deal will be done. I'd love to get Gavi in,looks a right talent. 

The Dortmund talks with Adeyemi broke down so could be another to watch. 

Gavi from the little I’ve seen looks a talent but not sure if he’d be a good fit for the PL.

• Downvote 1

Barcelona seem to be finding money down the back of their sofa so I suspect we’ll see investment in the current squad and some quality additions. 

I’d be surprised if we’re getting Gavi out of there anytime soon. 

Shame as he’s absolutely one of the best teenagers in world football.

We’ll also miss out on the headline; ‘Gavi’s Gone’. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Barcelona seem to be finding money down the back of their sofa so I suspect we’ll see investment in the current squad and some quality additions. 

They are happy to cash in on these NFTs and other cryptos to fleece their fans to swell the club's coffers.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

There is a big piece on them in The Athletic today.

On the surface it all sounds splendid (transfers, sponsors, winning etc) but the reality apparently quite different.

Basically, they've restructured all their debt into a longer loan at lower interest rates. The are planning to re-develop the Nou Camp in the next 5 years and borrowed on the basis that future earnings will be higher.

They have saved a massive amount in Messi, Greizmann and Coutinho leaving. The players they signed in January have all signed low wage deals on the promise they'll be rewarded when it comes to extending their contracts. 

Even this Spotify deal isn't great for them. Beko & Rakuten combined pay more than Spotify will do. And Spotify get to sponsor the ground ("The Sportify Camp Nou"). In reality, Barca only agreed that deal because Spotify have paid already paid a significant instalment up front. 

They seem to have already signed Kessie, Christensen & Azpiliceuta, all on free transfers. As ever, they have some talented youngsters (Gavi, Pedi, Fati etc) but they want to show everybody Barca is back by signing Mbappe or Haaland. 

Apparently Xavi has had extensive meetings with Haaland's representatives and the ball is in their court. 

Rumours are if they can't get either of them two, Salah is next on the wanted list. 

Who knows how it will all pan out but I don't think it's all rosey for them yet. They still seem skint, just they've restructured it.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

There is a big piece on them in The Athletic today.

On the surface it all sounds splendid (transfers, sponsors, winning etc) but the reality is quite different.

Basically, they've restructured all their debt into a loan at lower interest rates. The are planning to re-develop the Nou Camp in the next 5 years and borrowed on the basis that future earnings will be higher.

They have saved a massive amount in Messi, Greizmann and Coutinho leaving. The players they signed in January have all signed low wage deals on the promise they'll be rewarded when it comes to extending their contracts. 

Even this Spotify deal isn't great for them. Beko & Rakuten combined pay more than Spotify will do. And Spotify get to sponsor the ground ("The Sportify Camp Nou"). In reality, Barca only agreed that deal becuase Spotify have paid already paid a significant instalment up front. 

They seem to have already signed Kessie, Christensen & Azpiliceuta, all on free transfers. As ever, they have some talented youngsters (Gavi, Pedi, Fati etc) but they want to show everybody Barca is back by signing Mbappe or Haaland. 

Apparently Xavi has had extensive meetings with Haaland's representatives and the ball is in their court. 

Rumours are if they can't get either of them two, Salah is next on the wanted list. 

Who knows how it will all pan out but I don't think it's all rosey for them yet. They still seem skint, just they've restructured it.

They’re apparently at the head of the queue (or at least close to it) for Raphinha as well.

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

They’re apparently at the head of the queue (or at least close to it) for Raphinha as well.

Hmmm, I don't see them spending the £60m rumoured on him. They can barely afford fucking Adama Traore.

Spending £60m+ on Haaland or Salah, more or less would be a guaranteed successes. Quite different to a player playing for an average French side, an average English side, never played in the Champions League and has <10 international caps.

Maybe if Leeds get relegated and they can get him for £20m, that might be more likely. 

• Upvote 1