You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool Fabio Carvalho

rb14

1 hour ago, Einch said:

Now I'm really confused. What does Gini have to do with this?

Selling Gini is responsible for:

- the Omicron outbreak;

- the rise of NFTs;

- the popularity of Joe Rogan;

- the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan;

- the banning of abortions in Texas; and

- the Downing Street parties

It's no wonder that's getting blamed for Neco Williams' loan deal!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Anyway, I think we're all missing the real point here. Rog started two 'welcome to' threads before it was done, thereby clearly jinxing it. How do we make him pay?

I didn't start two threads. It was the stupid forum software misbehaving. I blame Usher and "the powers that be". And in any case, the SINGLE post was made AFTER the beeb had confirmed it (see below).

But, if you must, I'll settle for the six of the best on my pert rosy buttocks, as long as you dress up like a headmaster and shout at me really angrily.

carvalho.JPG

3 minutes ago, rb14 said:

I didn't start two threads. It was the stupid forum software misbehaving. I blame Usher and "the powers that be". And in any case, the SINGLE post was made AFTER the beeb had confirmed it.

But, if you must, I'll settle for the six of the best on my pert rosy buttocks, as long as you dress up like a headmaster and shout at me really angrily.

carvalho.JPG

That’s Stacksy’s bag. I’ll send him over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I think the delay is deliberate. The lazy tribunal twats really want the clubs to reach an agreement so they dont have to doany 'work.'

You look at some of the recent tribunals and all they have done is decided on a figure between what the buying club wants to pay and what the selling club wants.

If this Carvalho 'deal' goes to tribunal, Fulham will ask for at least £10m which is apparently what they wanted. But they agreed a fee of £8m. I wouldnt for one moment think the tribunal will say to them 'you agreed on £8m so that's our decision.' They'll probably go Liverpool must pay at least £9m!

Yes, but they really need stopping. I mean, take the Harvey Elliott case. We signed him mainly on potential - he hadn't actually done much by that stage - and then we, not Fulham, started coaching him and improving him, and he started getting noticed, and only then did the tribunal come up with a price. And there's no way that price hadn't been partly based on his progress SINCE he joined us. That's just crazy as a 'judgement'. Part of what we were paying for was our own coaching input. 

They need to assess the claims long before the signed player starts playing for the new club, maybe going out on loan, getting good reviews etc etc. We took a gamble on Elliott and the tribunal ended up charging us for a proven talent. That's out of order, and yet it keeps being ignored by the hacks.

1 hour ago, m0e said:

Selling Gini is responsible for:

- the Omicron outbreak;

- the rise of NFTs;

- the popularity of Joe Rogan;

- the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan;

- the banning of abortions in Texas; and

- the Downing Street parties

It's no wonder that's getting blamed for Neco Williams' loan deal!

It’s a key reason why our midfield has been shite the vast majority of the season and nothing more.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Why are people so angry about this? It's bizarre. We offered £5million for him, they wanted more. To settle on £8 million in the end for a 19 year old championship player is a fair bit of change. The Increase of £3 million is not a small amount for a young kid playing in the lower leagues (with only 6 months on his contract)

The club obviously tried to haggle them on this and get a better deal on the last day, but looks like Fulham drove a hard bargain.

Not sure why we have gone from one of the best clubs in the world at negotiating transfers to now being called amateurs. Sometimes the owners can't win with our fans.

We'll probably still sign him but that's not really the point. It's just the matter of being late. It makes the club look incompetent and stupid. Didn't need that. 

12 minutes ago, John102 said:

Michael Edwards has already put his feet up, sent his leaving email and stuck his out of office on.

Think the new guy was in charge of this month's deals. Good continuation of Edwards' work with the Diaz deal if so, a surprise, decisive move with a relative minimum of fuss, completely taking Spurs and every other interested side out of the mix. 

Remember back in the bad old days, when Rafa Benitez tried for about nine months to finalise the signings of Alves and Simao, with precious little help from the club. Grim. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We'll probably still sign him but that's not really the point. It's just the matter of being late. It makes the club look incompetent and stupid. Didn't need that. 

Completely agree.

Clubs know when the transfer window opens and they know when it closes, all deals should be agreed between the clubs and with the player in question, long before the window even opens.

The only loose ends which should require tidying up are the medical and the signatures on the contract. Boom boom, done and dusted. Anything less is unforgivable imo.

The only exceeptions should be in a case like Luis Diaz, when a deal is about to be gazumped, or when a player gets a bad injury part way through the window and a club has to dash about sourcing a replacement. Neither of those applied to the Carvalho transfer.

13 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Completely agree.

Clubs know when the transfer window opens and they know when it closes, all deals should be agreed between the clubs and with the player in question, long before the window even opens.

The only loose ends which should require tidying up are the medical and the signatures on the contract. Boom boom, done and dusted. Anything less is unforgivable imo.

The only exceeptions should be in a case like Luis Diaz, when a deal is about to be gazumped, or when a player gets a bad injury part way through the window and a club has to dash about sourcing a replacement. Neither of those applied to the Carvalho transfer.

not sure I agree with this tbh.

Fulham played 6 games in January, 5 in the Championship and Carvalho played in all of them. They are absolutely pissing the league, and look pretty certain to get promoted. Even if they lose 1 or 2 million if the transfer goes to the tribunal, maybe they figure that's ok if Carvalho helps them get promoted. 

IMO - it was always going to be at the end of the window if any deal was done. 

40 minutes ago, markcd said:

not sure I agree with this tbh.

Fulham played 6 games in January, 5 in the Championship and Carvalho played in all of them. They are absolutely pissing the league, and look pretty certain to get promoted. Even if they lose 1 or 2 million if the transfer goes to the tribunal, maybe they figure that's ok if Carvalho helps them get promoted. 

IMO - it was always going to be at the end of the window if any deal was done. 

He was staying at Fulham so that’s neither here nor there.

9 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Why are people so angry about this? It's bizarre. We offered £5million for him, they wanted more. To settle on £8 million in the end for a 19 year old championship player is a fair bit of change. The Increase of £3 million is not a small amount for a young kid playing in the lower leagues (with only 6 months on his contract)

The club obviously tried to haggle them on this and get a better deal on the last day, but looks like Fulham drove a hard bargain.

Not sure why we have gone from one of the best clubs in the world at negotiating transfers to now being called amateurs. Sometimes the owners can't win with our fans.

Like I said last night, either Ward dropped the ball or, Fulham acted like twats over the deal. I understand the frustration but all this stuff about leaving the deal to the last minute is just blowing in the wind.

We've just flown halfway round the world to sign our number 1 target from under the noses of spurs, who thought they had the deal tied up, while he was preparing to play an international.

I dont know if we left this carvalho deal to the last minute or had been engaged with Fulham at the beginning of the window. I do know it takes 2 to negotiate and the more I learn, the more it seems Fulham acted like complete twats. Yeah, they're entitled to do that, I just dont get why some of our own fans pour shit on our club for someone else's reticence.

6 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Yes, but they really need stopping. I mean, take the Harvey Elliott case. We signed him mainly on potential - he hadn't actually done much by that stage - and then we, not Fulham, started coaching him and improving him, and he started getting noticed, and only then did the tribunal come up with a price. And there's no way that price hadn't been partly based on his progress SINCE he joined us. That's just crazy as a 'judgement'. Part of what we were paying for was our own coaching input. 

They need to assess the claims long before the signed player starts playing for the new club, maybe going out on loan, getting good reviews etc etc. We took a gamble on Elliott and the tribunal ended up charging us for a proven talent. That's out of order, and yet it keeps being ignored by the hacks.

Totally agree mate. I think the tribunal system is a bit of a joke and is just a means to get more money out of PL clubs. When was the last time involving a PL did the tribunal tell the EFL club to stop being utter cunts and demanding a PL tax?

36 minutes ago, m0e said:

When you mentioned it I thought Dortmund might be one of them.

11 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Elliott was batter on one of the worst teams in that league.

Harry Wilson is having a similar year to Carvalho.

I mentioned this on another thread, but Wilson is 5 years older than Carvalho. When Wilson was around the same age, he couldn't even get games for Crewe in league one. 

We've obviously seen something in him that suggests that he has got potential to develop in to a good player, even if its just to try and sell him on at a profit.