You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

40 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

The new generation of spoiled little shits now appear want to create a fucking cause out of every little thing.

"International people who don't like their own first name day"

"Let's normalise taking an hour for lunch"

There's big stuff to worry about. Fuck up.

They'll be wanting affordable housing and secure jobs next. Cunts!

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I think it’s the fact you won’t be able to opt out as the peer pressure or fear of being the only one without their pronouns will be perceived as ‘anti’.  

What will be hilarious, and it’ll happen, is when someone who identifies as one of the more outlandish (by that I mean completely fucking bollocks) genders like ‘fae’ or ‘twin spirit’ wants their pronouns on their badge.  I mean would you want a bank manager or mortgage advisor who thinks they are a cat? 

New lyrics, same old tune 

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/republicans-predict-fraud-bestiality-if-gay-marriage-is-legalized

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Or, they haven’t…

We just phone our ‘man’ and he sorts everything.

That is brilliant.  Concert tickets were the best - I think when Beyoncé toured they couldn’t understand the fuss about getting hold of them.  Different world. 

Can anyone tell me what is 'anti-woke' about Yellowstone? When I say we have a problem with racism this is the kind of shit I mean. The shit peddled by the likes of the DM to divide people. The thick cunts fall for it and get outraged thinking everything is their new perception of whatever "woke" is. 

Interesting piece on the philosophical roots of wokery:

https://dougstokes.substack.com/p/what-are-the-philosophical-roots

The key thing to understand is that most ‘woke’ identity politics theorists have a social constructivist epistemology. This means that they reject any notion of truth or objectivity as all meaning is ‘internal’ to human perception. As such, social constructivists argue that all human knowledge is ‘socially constructed’ from extant cultural raw materials and we cannot know anything outside of our cultural shared frames of reference.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And here's me thinking that the philosophical root of wokery was "don't be a cunt".

Probably because you're somewhat unclear about what actual wokery is.

A great example from this forum would be moof claiming that it's impossible to be racist against white people. Something that I think most of us here would think was absolute garbage.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Probably because you're somewhat unclear about what actual wokery is.

A great example from this forum would be moof claiming that it's impossible to be racist against white people. Something that I think most of us here would think was absolute garbage.

Or that men can…no, no point. 

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Can anyone tell me what is 'anti-woke' about Yellowstone? When I say we have a problem with racism this is the kind of shit I mean. The shit peddled by the likes of the DM to divide people. The thick cunts fall for it and get outraged thinking everything is their new perception of whatever "woke" is. 

They had an article on their website the other day going on about “woke” unions and employees who might want to adopt some workplace measures to help people having to work in the heatwave next week.

There was a definite “get to the work, oiks. If you die, you die!” vibe to the article. 

Then, just a couple of stories underneath, there was a story about how a poor little rich fuck was so ruddy, bloody brave to sit and watch the tennis while wearing a suit. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Booing the England football team "free speech" either I've got him wrong or he's got his wires crossed the right wing version would be Booing the England football team "treason"

He’ll be disappointed when he looks back on that, Clive. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Booing the England football team "free speech" either I've got him wrong or he's got his wires crossed the right wing version would be Booing the England football team "treason"

They can boo them as long as they only boo the black players