You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

45 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Wut? That's ridiculously offensive. Either you're chronically ill or disabled, or you're not, you can't self-identify a diagnosis.

It says it's for disabled or chronically-ill authors; the "self-identified" bit probably just means that the judging panel don't ask for a doctor's note.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It says it's for disabled or chronically-ill authors; the "self-identified" bit probably just means that the judging panel don't ask for a doctor's note.

Yeah, OK, that seems reasonable.

I did wonder- typically after I'd posted and thought about it a bit- whether it was an inclusive term for people who were mentally challenged too (for which a diagnosis is very difficult), Obviously you can't get the full story from a Tweet. I doubt very much whether there are going to be any bad actors trying to subvert that category, their authorial careers would be ended almost immediately. Still, it's very clumsy language.

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, OK, that seems reasonable.

I did wonder- typically after I'd posted and thought about it a bit- whether it was an inclusive term for people who were mentally challenged too (for which a diagnosis is very difficult), Obviously you can't get the full story from a Tweet. I doubt very much whether there are going to be any bad actors trying to subvert that category, their authorial careers would be ended almost immediately. Still, it's very clumsy language.

Made a cunt of yourself again Muggy.

Not exactly woke, in fact the absolute opposite, but it’s as good a place as any.

Andrew Tate and TikTok. 

Hadn’t heard of this “man” thankfully until I saw the tweet from a teacher, and read the thread, finding the article. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2022/aug/06/andrew-tate-violent-misogynistic-world-of-tiktok-new-star

Just another grifting waste of space. 

9 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Not exactly woke, in fact the absolute opposite, but it’s as good a place as any.

Andrew Tate and TikTok. 

Hadn’t heard of this “man” thankfully until I saw the tweet from a teacher, and read the thread, finding the article. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2022/aug/06/andrew-tate-violent-misogynistic-world-of-tiktok-new-star

Just another grifting waste of space. 

I will not click the link but this woman has just given the target of her hate thousands more clicks on social media.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I will not click the link but this woman has just given the target of her hate thousands more clicks on social media.

I know what you’re saying but her tweet was to raise awareness of what lads are getting exposed to at a young age. Most of her replies are from concerned fellow teachers, or Mum’s. 

What do you suggest they do? Ignore it and hope it goes away? 

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

I know what you’re saying but her tweet was to raise awareness of what lads are getting exposed to at a young age. Most of her replies are from concerned fellow teachers, or Mum’s. 

What do you suggest they do? Ignore it and hope it goes away? 

I suggest she campaigns against Twitter personally but it seems its here to stay. I assume it was another of those fuckin tweets?

I hope they find a super intelligent budgerigar and it sues the arse off twitter and it's defamation of birds. 'You've cheapened our cheeps.'

13 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

That Laurence Fox makes me want to be woke. Nasty piece of work him. The fucks his problem?

He's a needy, undertalented, overexposed, public school luvvie who's been binned off by his more talented wife and is blaming anybody who isn't a WASP for his ills.

In short, he's a cunt!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

I used to like his dads stuff. He’s not the same is he?

Dunno to be honest, he's doubtless a Tory, but he seems a bit more old school, reserved type of bloke.

15 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

That Colin Brazier as well, used to like him on Sky, seemed quite genial. Seems to be a bit of a whopper though. Mark Austin is boss 

Having read up on Colin Brazier he is undoubtedly a cunt!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Dunno to be honest, he's doubtless a Tory, but he seems a bit more old school, reserved type of bloke.

Having read up on Colin Brazier he is undoubtedly a cunt!

I mean there’s nowt wrong with being a cunt, I mean I’m one myself, but Fox seems hateful. That’s not cool. It’s dangerous as well. 

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

I mean there’s nowt wrong with being a cunt, I mean I’m one myself, but Fox seems hateful. That’s not cool. It’s dangerous as well. 

Absolutely, it's hardly going to help his relationship with his kids acting the way he does. I think he may have mental health issues.