You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

As I say, I don’t enjoy panto so I’m not going to be the biggest advocate for it or for the role of drag in it, but the pantomime dame is normally not the one mocked, other than the likes of Cinderella’s ugly step sisters, it is normally a sympathetic character and one which takes the mickey out of people, and I wouldn’t say I’ve seen “hating women” as obvious within it.

we’re obviously seeing different things, though admittedly I’ve never looked for it so maybe you’re right. I dunno.

There's also the tradition of women playing the Principal Boy.

Panto is odd.

3 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

As I say, I don’t enjoy panto so I’m not going to be the biggest advocate for it or for the role of drag in it, but the pantomime dame is normally not the one mocked, other than the likes of Cinderella’s ugly step sisters, it is normally a sympathetic character and one which takes the mickey out of people, and I wouldn’t say I’ve seen “hating women” as obvious within it.

we’re obviously seeing different things, though admittedly I’ve never looked for it so maybe you’re right. I dunno.

It’s not just pantomine, pretty much all drag acts are based on parodying women, exaggerated make up, ridiculous fake breasts, stockings, high heels etc. Real women don’t look like that, they wear jeans and trainers. I just don’t think it’s funny and I never see any celebration, just mockery. 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nope. It's verbatim. It even stood out as batshit in the nonsense parade that is the Trans thread.

It is not verbatim. I have never said that everyone with a penis is a potential rapist, so only women and trans men should be allowed to work with children.

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Incidentally, have you ever seen an adult so young-looking that they look like a toddler?

If someone is nobbing a 19 or 20 year-old, that doesn't debar them from working with infants.

Also note the pivot from kids to now toddlers and infants?  

“ok maybe he is into kids but not dead young ones, they’re safe’. Fucking hell.  

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha ha ha the kid with the footy and back pack looks about fucking 12! That tweet says ‘it’s ok to fancy him because he’s actually 23, not 12’. Fucking hell. 

11 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Misrepresenting, much?

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha ha ha the kid with the footy and back pack looks about fucking 12! That tweet says ‘it’s ok to fancy him because he’s actually 23, not 12’. Fucking hell. 

I asked what was wrong with this image (and the rainbow umbrella one, and the other two) and wondered if that might be the response.

three things I’d say in reply:

first, you’ve added the references to fancying someone of that age. It wasn’t stated. merely that someone aged 23 could look “like that”.

second, it’s not unreasonable to accept that some exaggeration is being used in the delivery of a joke. It’s common. People do it in the vast majority of jokes. Most jokes aren’t true fact. Those wouldn’t be jokes, they’d be stories.

third, the person you’re criticising didn’t post it, they merely suggested it made them laugh. They implied they could appreciate the joke.

It’s not remotely dangerous unless you want to see it as being.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

What does the tweet mean if it’s not what I said.  

Really? I have to explain a joke to you?

It means that you can meet people at a club who look older than their true age (but not as old as the man pictured; that's a comic exaggeration) or younger than their true age (but not as young as the kid pictured; that's a comic exaggeration). The tweet doesn't mention fancying anyone, nor does it express any preference for old-looking or young-looking people.

Are you on a mission to waste as much of my time as possible? You can't really be this thick.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Anyone else dishonest enough to pretend that this tweet expresses a sexual preference for people who look 12?

Screenshot_2022-07-29-15-43-39-14_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Is that genuinely the tweet that is meant to suggest that somebody has a sexual preference for people who look 12 years old?

Surely not, as it clearly doesn’t suggest anything of the sort? That’s a stretch that Mr. Armstrong would be proud of! 

4740B5D4-6B89-4277-AD4C-16153C801B0D.jpeg

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It would be interesting to see your reaction if a woman had tweeted this exact same thing, but without the word "gay" at the start. Would you be so quick to reach for your pointy Paedofinder hat?

Screenshot_2022-07-29-15-43-39-14_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

What would your reaction be if the images were a young teenage girl and an older woman? 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

What would your reaction be if the images were a young teenage girl and an older woman? 

It wouldn’t really work that way round, would it. You could show a picture of a who looks 40 and say that in fact she’s only 14, in some parts, but you can’t really do it the other way round unless you just wanted to try to be provocative.

23 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What a shit non story that library thing was. It's unlikely to happen over here given the rate they are closing down. Ironically,some may have actually turned into drag artist haunts.

You saw the monkey dildo costume right?  I love your confidence in ‘unlikely’ I mean blokes have been abusing positions to fuck kids for, well, for ever. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You saw the monkey dildo costume right?  I love your confidence in ‘unlikely’ I mean blokes have been abusing positions to fuck kids for, well, for ever. 

Let's imagine that drag queens are paedos. (I mean, they're not, obviously; there's no reason for a sane person to imagine that a drag queen is more likely than anyone else to be sexually attracted to kids. But let's run with it.) In what way does putting them in a room where every child is accompanied by at least one parent give them an opportunity to fuck kids?

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Let's imagine that drag queens are paedos. (I mean, they're not, obviously; there's no reason for a sane person to imagine that a drag queen is more likely than anyone else to be sexually attracted to kids. But let's run with it.) In what way does putting them in a room where every child is accompanied by at least one parent give them an opportunity to fuck kids?

Can you just read that back to yourself.  I think, but I can’t be right, that you’ve said  having nonces in a room with kids is ok as long they don’t fuck them.