You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

*cough* bollocks *cough*

Nobody is being forced to display anything.  Basically, it's about manners: if you're going to refer to someone by a pronoun (and if you're not a complete cunt) you want to use the pronoun that they are comfortable with. On almost every occasion, the pronoun you guess will be correct: Janice with the big tits doesn't want to be called "him". If someone - let's say, fat Lesley or skinny Sam - wants to remove the guesswork by putting pointers on their name-badge or email signatures, fucking let them. Of all the things to get annoyed or worried about in the world, this is waaaaaaay down the list.

You underestimate my ability to be pissed off at many things at once. (Clarity: this doesn’t piss me off… I think it unnecessary)

Is this Halifax thing a choice? I thought everyone was required to do it. 

I personally feel more comfortable not announcing my gender. I wouldn’t be offended if somebody guesses wrong. The stubble, and face of a caveman will probably steer them right most of the time. So what of us who prefer not to? Our gender preferences are ‘tough shit’? It actually makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Gender isn’t an important thing to me, being an individual is. I feel a bit like I’m entering a room and an announcer with a trumpet goes ‘we have a man in the building, I repeat, a man I’m the building’. 

Gender shmender

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

*cough* bollocks *cough*

Nobody is being forced to display anything.  Basically, it's about manners: if you're going to refer to someone by a pronoun (and if you're not a complete cunt) you want to use the pronoun that they are comfortable with. On almost every occasion, the pronoun you guess will be correct: Janice with the big tits doesn't want to be called "him". If someone - let's say, fat Lesley or skinny Sam - wants to remove the guesswork by putting pointers on their name-badge or email signatures, fucking let them. Of all the things to get annoyed or worried about in the world, this is waaaaaaay down the list.

It’s all a load of bollocks really though isn’t it? 

So they've stopped putting people's names on those name tags now and replaced them with 'he/she' or whatever? This is what this all sounds like. My preference,if I were an employee there would simply be to be paid appropriately and have the correct amount of holidays and benefits given to me in the workplace. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

So they've stopped putting people's names on those name tags now and replaced them with 'he/she' or whatever? This is what this all sounds like. My preference,if I were an employee there would simply be to be paid appropriately and have the correct amount of holidays and benefits given to me in the workplace. 

And as a customer for them to stop closing branches

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I feel a bit like I’m entering a room and an announcer with a trumpet goes ‘we have a man in the building, I repeat, a man I’m the building’. 

I think Rico wants that for every trans woman.

According to the Mail article, Halifax (admittedly, in an unnecessary, grandstanding Pride Month stunt) announced that their staff would be allowed to have their pronouns on their name badges. As long as nobody is being forced or coerced into anything, it's a complete non-story - apart from the hilarious backlash from the anti-Woke shitheads.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

According to the Mail article, Halifax (admittedly, in an unnecessary, grandstanding Pride Month stunt) announced that their staff would be allowed to have their pronouns on their name badges. As long as nobody is being forced or coerced into anything, it's a complete non-story - apart from the hilarious backlash from the anti-Woke shitheads.

Oh, yeah, that really is a non-story. You're allowed to do something? Kill it will fire. 

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

*cough* bollocks *cough*

I am not particularly worried about pronouns, the whole trans issue is largely a generational thing, most of my generation don't really understand or care too much about the fuss over a tiny minority of people struggling with their gender identity. However, to try to keep it short, this is (no longer) a human right issue, but an ideological issue, and this is why people are so aggressive, almost rabid in their responses (which is again a generational issue, where for young(er) people this clearly became on of the (bizarrely) most important ideological issue, whilst for people of my (our) generation this is more of a live and let live issue. I could not understand why people get so worked up about it until I realized: it's an ideology, stupid.

Since the (western - outside of west generally nobody cares) liberal democracies are (thankfully still) sensitive to protection of (most) human rights, this ideological issue was gradually successfully smuggled as a human right issue. There will be more and more of it (unless a backlash is formed/formulated in such a way that most people can reject the ideological oppression without being accused they are trampling on human rights, or the obviously hijacked institutions are taken back from the minority) each year, it would (for a while) not be clearly stated as obligatory (pronoun self-identification etc), but you would be put in a position where it is easier to get along with the programme than make trouble for yourself, there would be obligatory indoctrination courses to "educate" people and so on. Like in any other soft totalitarian society, to which liberal democracies are slowly but increasingly sliding.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Massive hypocrite cunt.  

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Seriously why would anyone give a fuck? 

I think it’s the fact you won’t be able to opt out as the peer pressure or fear of being the only one without their pronouns will be perceived as ‘anti’.  

What will be hilarious, and it’ll happen, is when someone who identifies as one of the more outlandish (by that I mean completely fucking bollocks) genders like ‘fae’ or ‘twin spirit’ wants their pronouns on their badge.  I mean would you want a bank manager or mortgage advisor who thinks they are a cat? 

So people have their first name on a badge and can choose to either put their preferred pronoun underneath or choose not to. 

People who are outraged by this and have a Halifax account can choose to either switch that account or not.

What a great story. I can understand all the outrage.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

So people have their first name on a badge and can choose to either put their preferred pronoun underneath or choose not to. 

People who are outraged by this and have a Halifax account can choose to either switch that account or not.

What a great story. I can understand all the outrage.

Pah! Another massive hypocrite cunt.