You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I prefer the pronoun 'cunt' if anybody's asking!

I don't know why Halifax have made a big thing about announcing, but it doesn't arse me in the slightest. If you prefer they, them, he, him, she, then good on you.

Live and let live for fucksake!

Edit: Except Conservatives, Right Wingers etc, they can all fuck off and rot!

Mines 'it' or 'that' as in "I'd smash it" or "I'd tap that"

It is not about trans people. the "small minority", it never was. It is about pushing the idea that the male/female division we have accepted as normal throughout history - isn't. That it is some kind of (oppressive) construct imposed on us, people of many different gender identities. This is why Janice with big tits will be forced to display her "chosen" gender, so it isn't assumed. So ultimately, it is about you, because it is designed to undermine your gender identity. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Control of language has been a distinguishing feature of totalitarian regimes, both real and fictional

It is, though I’m not sure this counts. Unless we are calling Halifax leadership a totalitarian regime. Which may or may not be accurate. I always new Howard (He/Him) was shifty. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Is she hiding in a branch of Halifax?

If I ever go missing, I'd like to be considered a missing woman, because then I'll be Tweeted all over the globe. Should make it much easier to find me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

There is a gender pay gap in favour of men at the Halifax, no wonder they are in favour of blokes declaring themselves as women.

There’s a brilliant bot on Twitter that highlights the sex pay gap of firms who pontificate on International Womens Day.  

It’s also funny to see firms change their logo or corporate colours during Pride week…but strangely not do it in the Middle East or China. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SasaS said:

It is not about trans people. the "small minority", it never was. It is about pushing the idea that the male/female division we have accepted as normal throughout history - isn't. That it is some kind of (oppressive) construct imposed on us, people of many different gender identities. This is why Janice with big tits will be forced to display her "chosen" gender, so it isn't assumed. So ultimately, it is about you, because it is designed to undermine your gender identity. 

*cough* bollocks *cough*

Nobody is being forced to display anything.  Basically, it's about manners: if you're going to refer to someone by a pronoun (and if you're not a complete cunt) you want to use the pronoun that they are comfortable with. On almost every occasion, the pronoun you guess will be correct: Janice with the big tits doesn't want to be called "him". If someone - let's say, fat Lesley or skinny Sam - wants to remove the guesswork by putting pointers on their name-badge or email signatures, fucking let them. Of all the things to get annoyed or worried about in the world, this is waaaaaaay down the list.

• Upvote 1