You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

I think there's some areas where I roll my eyes, but that's the level of my 'outrage'. 

The 'him/his/he' thing...that's funny, but maybe to a handful of people it actually matters, so let's play this game. 

The odd thing is that it's not really applicable when you talk to the person 'himself', only when referring to them in a conversation with a third person.  

I'm more annoyed by other things.  Tattoos.  There's too many tattoos on people now, especially writing.  I should definitely be able to not give a job to someone on the basis of making poor decisions, repeatedly, around their tattoos.  Likewise, I should be able to hire someone based on a brilliant tattoo, that shows creativity, decisiveness, and money management.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I don't think you're woke. I don't know why you would think that based on what I said. Me referring to that twats definition was more an observation on how confused these self-styled 'anti-woke' types are.

But I do think you're given to taking offence too easily.

Hey, I just wanted to be crystal clear. We’ve got Boss saying I’m woke, you saying I’m not, both reading the same things I write.  I don’t take offence, I’m happy to point out where something is clearly a right old load of bollocks.  Like the Trans thread, to me that’s just mental. Being asked to deny everything we know and understand to make someone feel better and denying the obvious and clear risks that will cause.  Luckily, people like the EHRC are agreeing with me.  It’s all here and I think replays the arguments I’ve been making for a couple of years.  https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/30/observer-view-ehrc-decision-scotland-gender-recognition-reforms?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other 

It’s interesting you brought anti semitism into the conversation. You didn’t think of saying islamaphobia?   

18 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Hey, I just wanted to be crystal clear. We’ve got Boss saying I’m woke, you saying I’m not, both reading the same things I write.  I don’t take offence, I’m happy to point out where something is clearly a right old load of bollocks.  Like the Trans thread, to me that’s just mental. Being asked to deny everything we know and understand to make someone feel better and denying the obvious and clear risks that will cause.  Luckily, people like the EHRC are agreeing with me.  It’s all here and I think replays the arguments I’ve been making for a couple of years.  https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/30/observer-view-ehrc-decision-scotland-gender-recognition-reforms?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other 

It’s interesting you brought anti semitism into the conversation. You didn’t think of saying islamaphobia?   

I didn't, no. 

For what's it's worth, my comments about you getting easily offended had little or nothing to do with your stance on trans rights. I'm aware that you don't know who I am, what with me having only been a member here for 13 years, but I've posted on that thread, mostly in support, on a few occasions.

Edited by Jack the Sipper
Added a bit more
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Here we go!

It’s a good book, your mate James O’Brian recommends it.  One of the key themes is that when other claims of racism are made they are generally accepted, but claims of A/S are routinely denied or questioned.  There’s 2 fucking massive threads on it. 

Model building groups on FaceAIDS are a great laugh.

A lot of social media sites will shut groups or delete posts that display hateful symbology. I will build a Luftwaffe aircraft from WW2 and I will put the swastika on the tail because I want it to be historically accurate because it gives me a sense of completion.

Now, when it comes to posting the pics of it I'll edit the pic so as not to display the swastika. This keeps FaceAIDS off my back, it's a symbol that is widely associated with the most hateful group of twats to walk this earth and keeps the group out of trouble. The amount of arsey twats who don't like this editing is unreal. Surely with having a badly scribbled disc over the tail should be an indication that it is there.

"It's history and it should be shown!"

"Can't display anything now!"

"Hiding it is woke and erasing history!"

Can we all just at least agree that the term woke us fucking shite, and the smug and sneering way it is used is minging. 

Same with Karen, snowflake, cuck…I can’t think of the others, but they are all fucking awful and the cunts who use them and drive their significance into the language we use can fuck off. If they’re not used condescendingly, they are used antagonistically. So cunty.

Edit - Cancelled - that’s another one

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Literally seen today on the forum.

Misrepresenting reality yet again. I quite clearly called them ‘blatant acts of anti-semitism” however questioned the timing of how the DM reported them, not the actual events you lying prick. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Misrepresenting reality yet again. I quite clearly called them ‘blatant acts of anti-semitism” however questioned the timing of how the DM reported them, not the actual events you lying prick. 

Thanks for proving that you did question it and that I was telling the truth.

I was referring to the people in the bus hurling racist abuse at Jews which happened yesterday and was reported yesterday.

You also referenced the Jewish men being attacked in the street, which happened on Wednesday evening and was widely reported on Thursday. Not sure what the Daily Mail has to do with it. Maybe you can explain, along with your explanation for what you meant about convenient timing.

Just now, Strontium said:

I was referring to the people in the bus hurling racist abuse at Jews which happened yesterday and was reported yesterday.

You also referenced the Jewish men being attacked in the street, which happened on Wednesday evening and was widely reported on Thursday. Not sure what the Daily Mail has to do with it. Maybe you can explain, along with your explanation for what you meant about convenient timing.

Yet again you’re fucking lying. I was questioning how it was reported. Unfortunately there are anti-Semitic, racist, sexist etc attacks all the time. The DM made this particular attack headline news, made reference to Corbyn and Labour and had a comments section full of the usual slurs against him and Labour a day after the Tory leader had to face serious questions in PMQs. 

I quite clearly called them “blatant anti-Semitic attacks” so stop lying all the fucking time you dog shagging grass 

55 minutes ago, Belarus said:

Can we all just at least agree that the term woke us fucking shite, and the smug and sneering way it is used is minging. 

Same with Karen, snowflake, cuck…I can’t think of the others, but they are all fucking awful and the cunts who use them and drive their significance into the language we use can fuck off. If they’re not used condescendingly, they are used antagonistically. So cunty.

Edit - Cancelled - that’s another one

Triggered.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Probably because lying about Jeremy Corbyn being an anti Semite disguises a lot of the actual cases of real anti semitism that go on daily. Sort of 'The boy who cried wolf' (not you personally) but which allows real cases of discrimination using violence to cause a proverbial shoulder shrug from people who should be taking notice.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yet again you’re fucking lying. I was questioning how it was reported. Unfortunately there are anti-Semitic, racist, sexist etc attacks all the time. The DM made this particular attack headline news, made reference to Corbyn and Labour and had a comments section full of the usual slurs against him and Labour a day after the Tory leader had to face serious questions in PMQs. 

So why should these attacks not be headline news? Should they delay reporting them for some reason? What are these attacks which happen "all the time" but are apparently being ignored, until it's apparently convenient not to ignore them? Do you not think perhaps the fact they took place around Holocaust Memorial Day makes them extra newsworthy?

Here's the Daily Mail article about the attack on Wednesday. Not one mention of Corbyn or Labour in the article. Who is lying here?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10447069/amp/Terrifying-moment-Jewish-shop-owners-suffer-random-anti-Semitic-attack-London-street.html

8 minutes ago, Strontium said:

So why should these attacks not be headline news? Should they delay reporting them for some reason? What are these attacks which happen "all the time" but are apparently being ignored, until it's apparently convenient not to ignore them? Do you not think perhaps the fact they took place around Holocaust Memorial Day makes them extra newsworthy?

Here's the Daily Mail article about the attack on Wednesday. Not one mention of Corbyn or Labour in the article. Who is lying here?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10447069/amp/Terrifying-moment-Jewish-shop-owners-suffer-random-anti-Semitic-attack-London-street.html

It’s clearly been edited probably because of a complaint. The article I read on the day mentioned Corbyn, you see unlike you I don’t lie and have no reason to lie.

Attacks happen all the time and are rarely headline news. This attack happened to be and I simply questioned the way they reported it. I’ve seen racist attacks reported a lot further down their usual articles. I’ve seen actual murders reported a lot further down. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s clearly been edited probably because of a complaint. The article I read on the day mentioned Corbyn, you see unlike you I don’t lie and have no reason to lie.

Well, isn't that convenient.

Still, at least I got negged about 10 times for questioning you over it, so every cloud eh.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You got negged because you’re a liar. 

Happy to help. 

As a matter of fact, we've just established that you're the one making false claims here, concerning the content of an article. Along with a laughable excuse about it having been edited.

I could complain some more about it, but I don't want Jack the Dogfucker to accuse me of pretending to be outraged about racist attacks on innocent people again.

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

As a matter of fact, we've just established that you're the one making false claims here, concerning the content of an article. Along with a laughable excuse about it having been edited.

I could complain some more about it, but I don't want Jack the Dogfucker to accuse me of pretending to be outraged about racist attacks on innocent people again.

The article had been edited why on earth would I lie?

Complain more about what? Me negging you for blatantly mis-representing my post (as usual) like the lying prick you are? 

Its you who fucks dogs. It’s you who thinks it should be legal to touch them inappropriately. It’s you who doesn’t even wear a condom before going balls deep up Rex. It’s you who is a lying dog rattling weird freaky bastard. It’s you who tried to get someone sacked off here in real life. It’s you who is a sad narcissistic blert. You. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The article had been edited why on earth would I lie?

Complain more about what? Me negging you for blatant mis-representing my post (as usual) like the lying prick you are? 

Its you who fucks dogs. It’s you who touches them in appropriately. It’s you who doesn’t even wear a condom before going balls deep up Rex. It’s you who is a lying dog rattling weird freaky bastard. It’s you who tried to get someone sacked off here in real life. It’s you who is a sad narcissistic blert. You. 

Well, who says you're lying? Maybe you're just mistaken. Unlike you I'm not willing to make claims beyond the known facts. Either way, the article DID NOT say what you said it did, and there's ZERO EVIDENCE it ever said what you say it did.

I didn't misrepresent anything. Rico mentioned racist abuse of Jews that happened yesterday, and you brought Corbyn into it, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with it. I made a joke about you mentioning Corbyn, and this was enough for you to go off half-cocked. Again.

So yes, you can just fuck right off. You've been trying to provoke me all week, endless little jibes in threads on everything from coronavirus to seagulls, and I've ignored it all week until today. More fool me for responding to it.