You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

We needed a thread for this sort of thing.

Maths exams are racist:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/ontario-tries-to-fight-court-ruling-striking-down-new-teachers-mandatory-math-test/ar-AASMOBK

TORONTO — The Ontario government is trying to fight a court ruling that found its mandatory math test for new teachers is unconstitutional.

Ontario's Divisional Court last month struck down the math proficiency test as infringing equality provisions in the charter because it found the test had a disproportionate impact on racialized teachers.

The court said there were significant disparities in success rates of standardized testing based on race.

9 minutes ago, Strontium said:

A court finds that something (in this case, maths tests for teachers) has a disproportionate impact on people according to their ethnicity... and you think this is "Woke-ism"?

All this aside when Peter Dinklage expressed his annoyance at the 7 dwarves still being a thing it really made me laugh when the first comment was "someone's trying to get the part of grumpy"

I think the wokeness call is bullshit, I think some people's outrage is bullshit too on every side sometimes. The call about empathy is spot on. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nobody says you can. 

She says her job is stressful and that she finds some things help her to cope with stress.

I understand and believe in the use of mindful breathing exercises, I do them every day along with meditation. 

What I am fully aware of is that I can’t dismantle systems of oppression by doing it. It’s stupid comments like it is claimed that give this sort of thing the “Grifter” title.